Windows 10: cannot open windows photo app or store

Discus and support cannot open windows photo app or store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by normanmatthews, Oct 31, 2018.

1. cannot open windows photo app or store

this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows 10 there appears to be no way you can resolve this issue...

:)

normanmatthews, Oct 31, 2018

2. Photo app will not stay open in windows 10

Hi Caroline,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1:

Follow the step to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall photo app again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. cannot open windows photo app or store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 31, 2018
  4. cannot open windows photo app or store

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

cannot open windows photo app or store

1. cannot open windows photo app or store - Similar Threads - cannot open photo

2. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  3. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  4. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  5. cannot open app store

cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  6. Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10: Hello - I cannot access my photos using microsoft Photos app windows 10 the problem appears to be associated with no access to microsoft store at all. I have tried all the fixes recommended but still no joy. Can anyone help - spent all of yesterday trying various ways around...
  7. Microsoft Store App cannot be opened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App cannot be opened: i have 2 windows 10 installed in my pc, ssd1 and ssd2. one time, i tried to access my ssd1 user folder\Downloads from another windows 10 installation in ssd2. First timei tried to access, it asking for permission and i clicked OK. and it tooks like 10 to 15 minutes trying to...
  8. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  9. Cannot open photo or MS store

Cannot open photo or MS store: Following the latest update, I cannot now open photos. I get the error message "The app can't open. Check windows store for info about photos. See instore." Unfortunately, MS store won't open. I just get a blank screen for a couple of second then it closes. I have tried...
  10. Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

Photos and MS Store Apps won't open: After installing the most recent Win 10 updates, I find that I cannot open the Photos app, nor can I get Microsoft Store to open. When trying to open Photos I get a blue dialog box with the message "This app can't open". I've tried to repair and reset this app with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open photo app

2. windows app store cannot open

3. cannot open windows store apps

4. i cannot open the microsoft app store,
  5. windows cannot open store and photo