Windows 10: Cannot open Windows "START" screen

Discus and support Cannot open Windows "START" screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Selecting the "Windows Button" on the keyboard or the Windows "Logo" on the Taskbar doesn't open the Start Screen anymore. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Carter_701, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Cannot open Windows "START" screen

Selecting the "Windows Button" on the keyboard or the Windows "Logo" on the Taskbar doesn't open the Start Screen anymore. Windows 10

:)

Robert Carter_701, Sep 25, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Version 1607 Build 14393.105 does that, click Start and the full Apps list is scrollable.
    Forgot to add this screenshot:

Cannot open Windows "START" screen [​IMG]

Berton, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Cannot open Windows "START" screen

Start Screen not opening.

Hello,

When you're experiencing issues opening Start Menu, this article can help in resolving
    the issue. Please follow all the suggested steps and report back to us if the issue would still persist. I also suggest that you run a scan using
    Windows Defender Offline to be sure that your device is secured.
    Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender> Select Scan Offline. This would take around 15 minutes and restart your device.
    To see the scan results:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • On the History tab, select All detected items, then select View details. Any items detected by Windows Defender Offline
      will be listed as Offline in Detection source.

Update me if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Windows "START" screen

1. Cannot open Windows "START" screen - Similar Threads - Cannot open START

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED blue screen problem cannot start windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED blue screen problem cannot start windows...: I have a problem; my windows 10 system will not boot and the above error message appears. the problem is supposedly a driver ETD.sys, however this is not installed in the driver directory. Is it possible to solve this problem by installing a copy of this driver in the driver...
  3. Cannot open Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Start Menu: Hello, I have a problem opening start menu. It doesn't open. Search box does not work or works only sometimes. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-start-menu/bf8558fd-65f8-4b66-8c4b-c5ede0b9666c
  4. Open Cmd on start screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd on start screen?: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to open the command prompt on the start screen? Got Windows 10. Thanks in advance. Cmd auf startbildschirm öffnen?
  5. cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .: This is following a system restore. neither can i uninstall them .Urgent ,,,I cant play solitaire -iam hooked on spider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-apps-on-the-microsoft-start-menu/0dd3f62b-f7fa-4b95-88aa-8bc19005ed3a
  6. Getting blue screen and cannot open Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting blue screen and cannot open Windows: I have recently had some out of date drivers installed (don't know which ones) and done an update that failed. Now all I can get is the automatic repair blue screen. I can enter command prompt but nothing else. This is a Toshiba tablet but they have done nothing and...
  7. Start menu not opening and blue screen

Start menu not opening and blue screen: I am running dell g5 laptop and i am facing a issue regarding start menu. When i click the windows key on laptop start menu doesn't appera untill a mouse click is registered. Sometimes when i press windows key file explorer opens up but mostly on pressing windows key nothing...
  8. Cannot customize Start Screen...

Cannot customize Start Screen...: I just bought a new laptop and like always it comes with all these programs and games at the start screen that I always get rid of. I like having the news app, control panel and a few others on the start screen. After restarting the computer after customizing, all of the...
  9. Cannot unlock start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot unlock start up screen: Hoping someone can help. I have an Inspiron 15 laptop which is not letting me past the password screen. For some reason when I press the number 1 as part of the password the key registers a '1, which appears to be the symbol entered by pressing the key immediately to the left...
  10. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...