Windows 10: Cannot open windows word and other programs

Discus and support Cannot open windows word and other programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! When I click a word or excel file, the Word Office appears then disappears. The files won't open. What do i do? I have updated the programs but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maha10_13, May 6, 2019.

1. maha10_13 Win User

Cannot open windows word and other programs

Hi! When I click a word or excel file, the Word Office appears then disappears. The files won't open. What do i do? I have updated the programs but I still cannot open the files. I am sure my license has not expired. What do I do? Thanks.

:)

maha10_13, May 6, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 6, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable to open word document through Windows File Explorer

Hi Diane,

Are you able to open Word files from inside Word - File - Open

If Word opens files form inside Word, but not by double clicking Word files on your PC, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, May 6, 2019
  4. JaimeMW Win User

Word 2010 won't print now that I have installed Windows 10

Hello,

If you'd like to continue to try to resolve in Windows 10 and if you have confirmed that printing still works from another program (or another version of Word, like Word Online previous suggested in the thread), it seems less likely the issue is related
    to the printer or printer driver.

In this case, the next step to try can be Troubleshooting available in the Control Panel.

• In the Search/Cortana box in the task bar, type Troubleshooting

• Open Troubleshooting in the Control Panel

• Under Programs, select "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows"

• Select Next in the pop-up for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

• Select Word 2010 for the option to "select the program you're having problems with"

• Answer the subsequent questions that are specific to your experience
    Regards,

Jaime

JaimeMW, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot open windows word and other programs - Similar Threads - Cannot open word

2. I CANNOT OPEN WINDOWS PROGRAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CANNOT OPEN WINDOWS PROGRAM: I accidently remove some permissions in hkey_classes_root and then i cannot open windows program like file explorer, control panel, windows setting and it came a notification you may not have the appropriate permissions for acces the item, and the sound is error too, please...
  3. I CANNOT OPEN WINDOWS PROGRAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CANNOT OPEN WINDOWS PROGRAM: I accidently remove some permissions in hkey_classes_root and then i cannot open windows program like file explorer, control panel, windows setting and it came a notification you may not have the appropriate permissions for acces the item, and the sound is error too, please...
  4. CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.: Help, I cannot open this mp3. I tried to use the method that change authenticated user in properties but cannot. Thanks for helpinh me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mp3-file-in-a-word-file-shared-by/a96695f3-1a38-4e0b-ac86-5563ba4727a6
  5. CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.: Help, I cannot open this mp3. I tried to use the method that change authenticated user in properties but cannot. Thanks for helpinh me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mp3-file-in-a-word-file-shared-by/a96695f3-1a38-4e0b-ac86-5563ba4727a6
  6. CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot open word documents

Cannot open word documents: When I try to open a word document in a file, the circular blue buffering symbol replaces my cursor and the folder grays out and "Not Responding" appears next to the folder name. The file never opens and I have to close out of the folder. I have no problem opening pdfs, excel...
  8. Cannot open Word nor any Word documents

Cannot open Word nor any Word documents: Trying to open Word Microsoft 10 or any Word document, Pop-up says Office is updating. Then error message that reads "The application was unable to start correctly. 0xc0000142 Click ok to close transaction. Cannot access Word or any word document. Help!...
  9. Windows can not open word and other apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can not open word and other apps: Hi, After I updated my system with the latest Windows update KB 4559309 I am having problem opening Ms Office and other applications. The shortcut points to the right exe file, the file exists but I get the message "Windows can not find C:\....\winword.exe" Make sure you...
  10. Cannot open Word documents in Windows 10

Cannot open Word documents in Windows 10: Have recently been unable to open Word docs. When double click on file, nothing happens, and no error message shows. I currently have one open Word doc on my desktop Would appreciate advice....thanks Harry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. launching Excel Word in Windows 10