Windows 10: Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer

Discus and support Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a winzip encrypted password protected file having PDF with password that is zipped using winzip. This file is sent by someone to me, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lata C, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Lata C Win User

Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer

Hello,

I have a winzip encrypted password protected file having PDF with password that is zipped using winzip. This file is sent by someone to me, and i do not have winzip licensed software with me. I tried opening the winzip file as below:

1. I downloaded the file to one of my foloers

2. Opened the file by right clicking - Open with - using Windows explorer

3. It gave me a popup to Open using Windows explorer

4. It showed me the PDF file

5. I double clicked on it to open

6. It asked me to enter the password

7. I entered the correct password however windows explorer gives message " the password is incorrect".

8. The same file opens with my friend correctly with the same password when she tries to open using winzip.

So my question is, do i have to get licensed winzip software to open this file, and i cannot use windows explorer to open it.

I never used to get above issue till about 9 months ago. I used to get these winzip files always and i was able to open using windows explorer. What has changed in last 9 months, that this thing has stopped working now. Pl. help me with fixes if any on my windows software, or let me know if there are any known issues with the latest windows updates..

regards

Lata C

:)

Lata C, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Dark Ride Win User

Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer

WinZip 10.0 Final

The ever popular archiving tool WinZip has reached version 10.

About WinZip:
    • The most popular compression utility for Windows, with more than 150 million downloads
    • Save storage space, dramatically reduce e-mail transmission time, and efficiently archive documents
    • Protect your sensitive data with AES encryption
    • Easy-to-use and powerful user interface: the intuitive WinZip Wizard for first-time users and the award-winning WinZip Classic interface for power users
    Download (5.6 MB)

Dark Ride, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot open winzip

2. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10: The following message is displayed:"Windows cannot find 'shell....{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  3. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10: The following message is displayed:"Windows cannot find 'shell....{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  4. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Home" file encryption: I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home" along with a "Home" user license. Under file and folder properties the file encryption is greyed out (disable). After...
  6. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "Home" file encryption: I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home" along with a "Home" user license. Under file and folder properties the file encryption is greyed out (disable). After...
  7. Cannot Preview Encrypted Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Preview Encrypted Files in File Explorer: I just made the move from a Vista 64-bit machine to a Windows 10 Pro machine (64-bit). I have been able to sort out, work around, and learn many things to get this machine to do what I need it to do. However, there is one issue I have not been able to solve. When using File...
  8. cannot open file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot open file explorer windows 10: i have seen many posts on here about windows 10 and how it creates problems opening file explorer. i, too, am having problems. i have done all the suggestions found here and elsewhere and am currently trying to downgrade to windows 8.1. i went to microsoft and downloaded...
  9. Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home: I just stumbled across this and I'm not sure if it's posted anywhere else but, here goes anyway. Basically you're copying the 'This PC' CLSID and creating a DelegateFolder for the HomeFolder. In the Registry, navigate to...
  10. File Explorer Compression & WinZip?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Compression & WinZip?: Not wanting to hijack an existing thread, I'm asking here. Does WinZip offer better options & features than the built-in File Explorer compression? 82132