Windows 10: Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All I get is an error message "cannot open new document" and the program won't start. Anyone got any idea? none of the solutions I found online have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeNoob, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10

All I get is an error message "cannot open new document" and the program won't start.

Anyone got any idea? none of the solutions I found online have worked.

:)

GeorgeNoob, Sep 24, 2020

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Clarry69 Win User
    wordpad notepad

Sorry but they are not. I've been trying to find WordPad on Windows 10. The only things listed under Windows Accessories are Internet Explorer and Notepad. None of the suggestions which came up when I googled the problem worked. I downloaded something
    called Wordpad 10, but all that does is present a black screen and won't open any *.rtf or *.doc files. How do I get hold of this elusive prog?

Clarry69, Sep 24, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10

Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

I have a question. I don't understand why this is happening.

I'm going to show some screens and try to explain as well as possible.

So I downloaded a Oblivion mod Natural Environments, and its readme is a .txt file.

Now I use Notepad++ to read most of the files on my PC. What I don't understand is why the line goes so far to the right, that I have to horizontally scroll all the way to right to read the entire line.

Now when I open the same file in Wordpad, the whole text is neatly formatted so that I don't have to scroll to the right.

NotePad ++

Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10 zxl4ld.jpg

Wordpad

Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10 s41ax3.jpg

Why does this happen ? And can I make Notepad++ behave like Wordpad does ? Or is their a better text editor than Notepad++ which is lightweight and starts quickly, but not like MS Word.

wolf2009, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10

1. Cannot open Wordpad or Notepad in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Wordpad

2. WordPad opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WordPad opening in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 in a laptop one year old, 24GB RAM, 512 SSD I find it takes a long time to open WordPad, I don't have this problem with other software I use.How do I solve this....
  3. WordPad opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WordPad opening in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 in a laptop one year old, 24GB RAM, 512 SSD I find it takes a long time to open WordPad, I don't have this problem with other software I use.How do I solve this....
  4. Fix WordPad or Notepad is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix WordPad or Notepad is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]We’re all aware of the revolutionary impact Notepad has had. While there is an umpteen number of text editors these days, each one better than the next, Microsoft’s own pre-installed Notepad for Windows is where it all started. When something has been around for as...
  5. Difference Between Notepad, WordPad and Word in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Difference Between Notepad, WordPad and Word in Windows 10: Microsoft has developed various software to ease our work in day-to-day life but sometimes we are not aware of the exact functions performed by the particular programs. Like Notepad, WordPad, and Microsoft Word, they may seem to perform similar tasks but they are different in...
  6. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  7. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  8. "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working

"Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working: In the Start menu drawer, the applications are not showing but, if I type the app name it shows the .exe file and tried opening then, I am not being able to open the Notepad and Wordpad. While opening the Notepad application it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad it...
  9. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  10. cannot open Wordpad on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open Wordpad on windows 10.: cannot open wordpad.Nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-wordpad-on-windows-10/02b5b28c-00f2-4d86-95f6-e040b258fab8