Windows 10: Cannot open Xbox Companion application on windows 10.

Discus and support Cannot open Xbox Companion application on windows 10. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello there all, I'm simply trying to open the Xbox companion app and it just instantly closes. No prompts, no seeming rhyme or reason, just failure to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by J3WD4Z, Feb 1, 2020.

1. J3WD4Z Win User

Cannot open Xbox Companion application on windows 10.

Hello there all, I'm simply trying to open the Xbox companion app and it just instantly closes. No prompts, no seeming rhyme or reason, just failure to execute. I've uninstalled, tried the beta version of the app, and nothing. I've tried installing through the "Install on my devices menu" which doesn't install the app at all. I googled around for an answer, but the only guider I found was fruitless.

:)

J3WD4Z, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Cannot open Xbox Companion application on windows 10. [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10.

From What's new:

"Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new desktop experience is coming soon!"

Brink, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot open Xbox Companion application on windows 10. - Similar Threads - Cannot open Xbox

2. Can't open xbox app or xbox console companion on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open xbox app or xbox console companion on PC: I've restarted pc, reinstalled both applications, checked to see if repairing it worked, and a couple other solutions. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-xbox-app-or-xbox-console-companion-on-pc/3caa6918-39b9-4216-be5f-38e48a476d41
  3. xbox companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox companion: since today, the xbox companion app has stopped loading past the sign in part, i have tried to reset the data,i then uninstalled but THEN it wouldn't let me install... so i looked for a while and saw it had an update and from there it letme install but only from the ready to...
  4. Xbox console companion

Xbox console companion: My xbox app just randomly uninstalled and i keep trying to reinstall it in the microsoft store and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-console-companion/bbdcdd1b-03f3-4ce1-a928-b0ff55357585
  5. Xbox Companion windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Companion windows 10: The Xbox companion from the windows store has for over two weeks now, failed continually to log in. The app on windows 10, just hangs at the swirling white circle....
  6. xbox console companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox console companion: i have tried litteraly everthing from command prompts to uninstalling to rebooting everything that people hvae suggested and i still cant join a party when i try to join a party i can heard my friend for a few seconds then t hey cut out...
  7. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox Console Companion: Whenever I try to install the Xbox Console Companion app I keep getting an error saying that it can't be installed. I've tried everything it's just the app it self won't install. My internet is fine but, the installer just keeps saying "Couldn't install. We'll try again...
  8. Xbox Companion App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Companion App: I'm having an issue with the streaming function. After I downloaded everything I needed and set things up, made sure all the boxes were checked to enable my pc to detect and stream from my xbox one, it worked once. Afterwards, nothing. Nothing I do is making the stream...
  9. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Console Companion: I have a problem with this link, its displayed onscreen at the start up page almost dead center. I can not click it or delete it, its on there when I go onto other programs, internet, or gaming. Please help!!???!! [IMG]...
  10. Xbox Companion App

Xbox Companion App: The Xbox companion app opens then immediately closes with no message. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I am on a brand new computer with all windows updates complete....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox companion not open