Windows 10: Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11

Discus and support Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones to Windows 11 laptop. My computer does not recognize find the headphones.I have connected to other Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark D Worthen PsyD1, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11

Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones to Windows 11 laptop. My computer does not recognize find the headphones.I have connected to other Bluetooth devices from the computer without problems.I can pair and connect the headphones to my iPhone without problems.I have tried numerous troubleshooting suggestions found on the Sony website, Microsoft website, and Reddit, includingCannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11 :Double-check that I am pushing the right button on the headphones for pairing.Turned off Bluetooth on other devices iPhone and MacBook.Turn headphones off and on.Turn Bluetooth on PC off and on.Reboot computer."Show n

:)

Mark D Worthen PsyD1, Jan 20, 2024
  2. ronocscan Win User

Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11

Windows 11 is riddled with bugs and issues, but the most rent appears to relate to Bluetooth. I have been using my Sony headphones for a few months with *minor* issues (unable to hear any audio using video calls on Microsoft Teams, was able to use Zoom video withy no issues). I recently tried to change the settings of a Zoom call to make the microphone on my headphones the default microphone rather than the build-in mic on my laptop, and everything stopped working.

I can now hear system notifications, youtube videos, etc.., However, Zoom calls, Teams calls, anything where a microphone is used in tandem with the headphone audio, the headphones no longer work - in "System --> Sound--> All Sound Devices, both the Sony microphone and Sony speaker show that they connected and receiving/ transmitting sound, but nothing comes through the headphones.

I have run the "sound" troubleshooter (System --> Sound--> Advanced) and "playing audio" troubleshooters with no results, checked all drivers for updated, disconnected, reconnected, restarted, shut down. No fix.

All three of the following show up in my device manager, but only "WH-1000XM5" shows up in my Bluetooth devices:

• Headphones (WH-1000XM5)
    • Headset (WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free)
    • Headset (WH-1000XM5)
    Specs:

• HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Notebook PC
    • Windows 11, version 22H2
    • Cumulative Update - 2023-05

ronocscan, Jan 20, 2024
  3. JakeyGGG Win User
    Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11

Hi i accidentally found a simple and strange fix. so for anyone having similar issue, give this a try:

use the audio cable provided by Sony to plug into your laptop, then upon unplugging and using bluetooth/wireless again, it somehow fixes the issue.

my sound output now shows instead of "Headphones (WH-1000XM5)" instead of "Headset (WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free)"

mic input also now has "Headset - WH-1000XM5"

JakeyGGG, Jan 20, 2024
  4. Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11

Sony WH-1000XM5 mic stopped working after update to 22H2

A few days ago my Windows 11 updated to 22H2 and my Bluetooth Headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5) microphone isn't working anymore.

A few points to consider:

• Before the update, everything was working as expected
    • Before the update, Windows (and apps like Teams or Discord) would show me 2 devices: Headphones (WH-1000 MX5 Stereo) and Headset (WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free Audio). Now it only shows Headphones (WH-1000 MX5).

Note: Only the second option would work to use the microphone
    • I have another computer with Windows 10 installed, and the above scenario applies to it. It shows the two options and the second one works for calls.
    I already tried to forget the Bluetooth connection and pair it again.

I'm using Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1635.

Jéferson Bueno, Jan 20, 2024
Thema:

Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11

1. Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot pair Sony

2. I cannot connect my Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones to my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot connect my Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones to my Windows 10 PC: Hello. I read the earlier thread about resetting the headphones and Windows finding the headphones. I have reset it 2x in vain, but it is unable to find the headphones when searching for the Bluetooth device, so I can't pair. But it pairs perfectly with my Android phone.I...
  3. Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only: I recently purchased the Sony WH-1000XM5 but when I pair these with my laptop Windows 10 it does not recognize the device has a mic. It is connected as music only. In the sound control panel I see the device listed as a Headset Hands-Free AG Audio but when I try to enable it...
  4. Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only: I recently purchased the Sony WH-1000XM5 but when I pair these with my laptop Windows 10 it does not recognize the device has a mic. It is connected as music only. In the sound control panel I see the device listed as a Headset Hands-Free AG Audio but when I try to enable it...
  5. Sony WH-1000XM5 will not pair on bluetooth as a headset - it connects as music only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11

Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones Windows 11: Cannot pair Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones to Windows 11 laptop. My computer does not recognize find the headphones.I have connected to other Bluetooth devices from the computer without problems.I can pair and connect the headphones to my iPhone without problems.I have tried...
  7. Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11: Windows 11 is riddled with bugs and issues, but the most rent appears to relate to Bluetooth. I have been using my Sony headphones for a few months with *minor* issues unable to hear any audio using video calls on Microsoft Teams, was able to use Zoom video withy no issues. I...
  8. Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11

Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11: Windows 11 is riddled with bugs and issues, but the most rent appears to relate to Bluetooth. I have been using my Sony headphones for a few months with *minor* issues unable to hear any audio using video calls on Microsoft Teams, was able to use Zoom video withy no issues. I...
  9. Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Sony WH-1000XM5 - INOPERABLE as a Headset on Windows 11