Windows 10: Cannot paste files ...

Discus and support Cannot paste files ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Gang, I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RWOne, Aug 4, 2015.

1. RWOne Win User

Cannot paste files ...

Hello Gang,

I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community.

Ok, I cannot paste files. If I have a folder open on the desktop and want to right click and do it, or by KB, I just don't get paste or paste shortcut.

I believed that possibly in the upgrade to 10 on the machine this might get taken care of, but alas not.

I can copy text between apps with no issues.

Looking to see what steps I can take, while it was on 7, I did an SFC /scannow and nothing was amiss...
    Malwarebytes and avast scans were fine.

I'm at a loss ...

Heartfelt thanks beforehand...

I can live with it, but if it's something I can find and correct, all the better.

:)

RWOne, Aug 4, 2015

2. Cannot Paste a File after Cut or Copy a File because Paste is not available

I have every thing crossed including my eyes. Thanks.

HarryHankla, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Cannot Paste a File after Cut or Copy a File because Paste is not available

All directories, all files.

HarryHankla, Aug 4, 2015
  4. RWOne Win User

Cannot paste files ...

Respectfully bumped, I've been looking for anything on this ....

RWOne, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Cannot paste files ...

1. Cannot paste files ... - Similar Threads - Cannot paste files

2. Cannot get past first page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past first page: When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down. I have tried to guess the password,...
  3. Cannot upgrade past 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade past 1511: I have a Lenovo T400 laptop that runs a legitimate activated copy of Windows 7 Pro. I successfully upgraded it to Windows 10 1511 some time ago. It has all the updates to 1511 but cannot install the 1809 update. Any ideas? 139186
  4. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting copied images to File Explorer: Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it...
  5. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in: Hi My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots keep spinning). This had happened yesterday and resolved itself with a restart. Today I have spent numerous hours...
  6. Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot copy and paste, result with a ".dmp" message: I just installed Windows 10 64 bit 1803 on a new desktop. Now one month down the road all of a sudden intermittently when I copy and paste text the result would become only...
  7. Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue": I have done a fair amount of research into this already but cannot find anything that resolves this. When booting into WinRE, Startup repair or Go back to previous version, I am prompted to choose the account. At this point the keyboard and mouse (USB) are unresponsive. Both...
  8. Batch file paste text

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file paste text: Suppose I frequently want to enter "Mary had a little lamb." into a form or editor. Can this be done with a batch file? (Yes, I know about AutoHotkey.) 109978
  9. strange problem cannot paste files in my pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    strange problem cannot paste files in my pictures folder: When I try to paste some .jpg files I receive an error message Destination folder access denied . You need permission to perform this action If I attempt to paste the same pics in any another folder there is no problem with doing so This suddenly started about a week...
  10. File explorer cut/paste problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer cut/paste problem: In Windows 10 file explorer occasionally when I cut files from one directory and paste them in another, the whole directory that I'm pasting to disappears. It happens so fast that its hard to see but it seems like a window pops up deleting the files and the status. The...