Windows 10: Cannot paste files ...

Discus and support Cannot paste files ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Gang, I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RWOne, Aug 4, 2015.

1. RWOne Win User

Cannot paste files ...

Hello Gang,

I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community.

Ok, I cannot paste files. If I have a folder open on the desktop and want to right click and do it, or by KB, I just don't get paste or paste shortcut.

I believed that possibly in the upgrade to 10 on the machine this might get taken care of, but alas not.

I can copy text between apps with no issues.

Looking to see what steps I can take, while it was on 7, I did an SFC /scannow and nothing was amiss...
    Malwarebytes and avast scans were fine.

I'm at a loss ...

Heartfelt thanks beforehand...

I can live with it, but if it's something I can find and correct, all the better.

:)

RWOne, Aug 4, 2015

2. Cannot Paste a File after Cut or Copy a File because Paste is not available

I have every thing crossed including my eyes. Thanks.

HarryHankla, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Cannot Paste a File after Cut or Copy a File because Paste is not available

All directories, all files.

HarryHankla, Aug 4, 2015
  4. RWOne Win User

Cannot paste files ...

Respectfully bumped, I've been looking for anything on this ....

RWOne, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Cannot paste files ...

1. Cannot paste files ... - Similar Threads - Cannot paste files

2. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  3. cannot copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot copy and paste: when I try and copy and paste, it works sometimes but other times not and have to restart my computer to get this working each time. is there a fix to this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste/1f31a423-e466-4bde-b3d9-8d4a9e301ee5
  4. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  5. Cannot Update past 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update past 1909: I have been stuck on windows 10 1909 since it was released. Every time I have tried to update via windows update it has failed. I have tried downloading update assistant and updating my PC this way and failed as well. Media creation tool update now option fails as well. And...
  6. Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste: Using File Explorer, after copying a folder or file on a P/C or Laptop it cannot be pasted to a top level shared folder on another P/C or Laptop on the Network. When attempting to past to a top level folder on the second machine there is no 'Paste' option displayed. It is...
  7. cannot paste gtaV dll file in gta folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot paste gtaV dll file in gta folder?: none of the dll files are been pasted. the files get copied and after pasting it get disappear after refreshing. the dll files get disable also if I don't refresh HELP ME PLEASE....
  8. Cannot update past 1803.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot update past 1803.: Long story short. On my old Alienware Aurora R4 which I recently gave to my wife. About a year ago I tried to update my Windows 10 to version 1903 from 1803. Could not get it to work. It would fully install then fail at the last second and revert back to 1803. I even got MS...
  9. cannot copy paste WITH formatting

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot copy paste WITH formatting: Hi, my computer used to copy and paste with formatting just fine. For a few weeks now it cannot copy and paste with formatting. I've tried ctrl + C and ctrl + V, but it doesn't work. I've also tried just using right clicks on the mouse and it does not work. This is not...
  10. strange problem cannot paste files in my pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    strange problem cannot paste files in my pictures folder: When I try to paste some .jpg files I receive an error message Destination folder access denied . You need permission to perform this action If I attempt to paste the same pics in any another folder there is no problem with doing so This suddenly started about a week...