Windows 10: Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

Discus and support Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the first time in all my years of using Windows that I've seen an app that won't pin to the taskbar. When I move it over the taskbar, it'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hotsuma, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

This is the first time in all my years of using Windows that I've seen an app that won't pin to the taskbar. When I move it over the taskbar, it'll show the symbol. When I press the Windows key and scroll down installed apps, it doesn't show up. It only shows up in the Uninstall Window in Control Panel. Is there any way to get around this problem?

:)

Hotsuma, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

1. Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot pin System

2. Marketing for Iolo's system mechanic and others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Marketing for Iolo's system mechanic and others: Hi, I downloaded and used System Mechanic for sometime 1-2 yrs, then saw the light and actually READ the reviews, so uninstalled. The program is 99% however there are a few *.dll and other Iolo files I cannot delete. I see marketing pop ups quite regularly and cant find...
  3. System mechanic ultimate defense cannot connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System mechanic ultimate defense cannot connect to the internet.: Hi,i have a problem with iolo's system mechanic ultimate defense. The program opens normally and starts to scan the system,and after about 30 seconds it displays a message "internet connection required,connect to the internet and try again".It still works in the background...
  4. cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes: can you guys tell me why this is? in the first image below, I am attempting to put a shortcut icon in the taskbar and windows does not create a space for it. perhaps because the file is an ''xlsx'' and excel is already in the bar? in the 2nd image, it **does** create a...
  5. System Mechanic app

System Mechanic app: Why can't I access my System Mechanic app that I have used for years? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic-app/24f293dd-84f8-4376-a290-f1e05f485777
  6. system mechanic

system mechanic: System Mechanic has disappeared from my system. It is paid through 01/04/2022. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/6032535b-b9c2-4223-a835-0ce9353f0738
  7. system mechanic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system mechanic: i bought this PC performance disk for this computer my wife got from her grand parents and i cant seem to get the thing do do what its post to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/664372d8-3ece-4365-a721-497aeae11166
  8. Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar: This is the first time in all my years of using Windows that I've seen an app that won't pin to the taskbar. When I move it over the taskbar, it'll show the symbol. When I press the Windows key and scroll down installed apps, it doesn't show up. It only shows up in the...
  9. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  10. Cannot pin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot pin to Taskbar: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine. I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin system mechanic to taskbar

2. system mechanic on to taskbar