Windows 10: cannot play any dvd in this laptops d: drive?

Discus and support cannot play any dvd in this laptops d: drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dvd player say it frozen how do you unfreeze it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineHawson, May 26, 2019.

1. cannot play any dvd in this laptops d: drive?

dvd player say it frozen how do you unfreeze it

:)

ChristineHawson, May 26, 2019

2. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The
    DVD/CD drive shows on my computer but is not being recognized when I do a chkdsk for drive d (I assume that is my DVD/CD drive). It says there is no drive d.

Can anyone provide any suggestions to fix this problem?

BonitaShults, May 26, 2019
  3. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, May 26, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

cannot play any dvd in this laptops d: drive?

Laptop will not play dvd.

Hi Elisha,

Please provide more information so we can further understand what the problem is.

• Did this happen after an update?
    • Does it crash and give you any error messages when you play the DVD?
    • What software is your laptop using to play DVDs?
    • Is this issue happening for all video formats you try to play?
    We suggest that you roll back or update your video driver to fix the problem with the video.

You can also read about troubleshooting DVD playback on this
    page.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, May 26, 2019
Thema:

cannot play any dvd in this laptops d: drive?

1. cannot play any dvd in this laptops d: drive? - Similar Threads - cannot play dvd

2. Cannot play DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot play DVD: I have not tried to play a DVD in ages. First I tried my VLC instance. That sunk. Same for Windows Media. What seemed like solutions turned out to be hawking for other app. I uninstalled them. Vexing. I finally got a player to work. MPC-BE Media Player Classic - BE I took it...
  3. Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks: I wanted to install a wifi software to my Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF but I found that there were troubles with the optical drive it came with. Windows cannot detect any dvd disk I insert. I want to know what I can do if this is an OS problem or a hardware problem. If it’s a...
  4. Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's: My Toshiba laptop will not play any DVD/CD's. I went to the Control Panel Device Manager and it says the player is working properly. When I put in a DVD and click on the D: it asks me to insert a disc. I also checked for any updates for the player but Windows 10 says the...
  5. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  6. My DVD/CD-ROM drive isn't playing any DVD's

My DVD/CD-ROM drive isn't playing any DVD's: I'll first mention my system's specifications: Windows 10 Pro 1903, 64-bit (OS build: 18362.207) Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70 GHz, 4.00GB RAM, 500GB HDD HP Elitebook 8470p (Yes I'm using a laptop, it's a used/second-hand one) My DVD/CD-ROM drive is "hp DVDRAM...
  7. playing a DVD on my laptop

playing a DVD on my laptop: How do I get a DVD to play on my lap top? Do I need to download an app? Is all I need installed with Microsoft office software? Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-a-dvd-on-my-laptop/528d6ea6-d295-4656-8392-f04c53ee26f0
  8. Cannot play slideshow on the DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot play slideshow on the DVD: I added a song to the slideshow, which I created. Then I exported it on the disc. However when I tried to play it then on the DVD, I found out only music but no photos....
  9. I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive

I cannot play DVD disk from the external drive: I have HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 and an external Dell DVD player. But I cannot connect them. Who can help? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-play-dvd-disk-from-the-external-drive/cc17f71c-ee62-48cc-b11f-4cfff2b2aec1
  10. Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?

Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's?: Why is D drive not recognizing DVD's? I have to open D drive and drag them to 321 media player. I downloaded 321 media player thinking it would solve the problem but it didn't I have to open D drive and drag the audio and video folders to it in order for the DVD to play....