Windows 10: Cannot play back MP4 file due to file name containing dot.

Discus and support Cannot play back MP4 file due to file name containing dot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I download movie files from website and format of file name is xxxx EP.01, xxx EP.02, etc. It means episode 1, episode 2 I cannot play back. there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NandaWe, Feb 21, 2020.

1. NandaWe Win User

Cannot play back MP4 file due to file name containing dot.

I download movie files from website and format of file name is xxxx EP.01, xxx EP.02, etc. It means episode 1, episode 2

I cannot play back. there is a message box informing that the file type is 01 or 02 ???? Windows 10 cannot recognize it. I have to change file name to xxx EP.01.mp4 or EP.02.mp4, etc. manually all files.

I don't have this problem when I use my old laptop with windows 7. What should I do to make system recognize movie files?

Thank you.

:)

NandaWe, Feb 21, 2020
  2. gasolin Win User

Convert vob files into mp4 (chromecast)

I have draged the files from videos (dvd's) on to my pc, now i need to convert them from vob into mp4 video so i can watch it using my chromecast (have bought my first media server).

My problem is i want it converted into one video i can click on and press play, because it's chromecast it has to be mp4 but most programs i have tried like handbreak makes the video smaller or bigger then the original size on the dvd or just converts the 10-15 vob files into 10-15 mp4 files, not one file i can click on and play. I want it losless not compromised

After that i can start ripping dvd's in mp4 instead of just draggin the files into a folder and right click on the folder and choose to play it with vlc.

What program can do that? I want a free program but if i have to i will pay for it if it's a good program that's better then all the free program, as long as it works, convert the video into one video file in mp4

gasolin, Feb 21, 2020
  3. MP4 File will not play

Based on the information you have provided, considering that you are encountering the same issue when playing the MP4 file on different applications, then it's possible that the issue is with the file itself. This could be caused by an interruption or an
    issue while the MP4 is being copied. I suggest that you create a new copy of the file and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Bowlsys Win User

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot play back MP4 file due to file name containing dot. - Similar Threads - Cannot play MP4

2. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues playing MP4 files: HelloSo firstly I have 2 Internal Hard Drives on my Desktop PCI use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my gameplay and in general my screen and usually there would be no issues whatsoever. But today there occurred an issue. Whenever i tried playing any of these mp4 files on my 2nd...
  3. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues playing MP4 files: HelloSo firstly I have 2 Internal Hard Drives on my Desktop PCI use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my gameplay and in general my screen and usually there would be no issues whatsoever. But today there occurred an issue. Whenever i tried playing any of these mp4 files on my 2nd...
  4. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MP4 files won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP4 files won't play: So I download a lot of meme videos and for some reason after I watch a few downloaded they just stop playing and is stuck on the black screen of Movies and tv which is where I watch them the only fix I know of is by restarting my computer but I don't want to have to do that...
  6. Playing MP4 files

Playing MP4 files: Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 My wife sent me one she'd revived to play on my desktop, as sound on her tablet was weak. As Windows 10 hasn't a suitable player. I installed vlc-3.0.11. The file still won't play. Will anyone, please, advise me why this is happening? 170888
  7. Unable to Play MP4 Files

Unable to Play MP4 Files: So I have had a very odd situation develop. I am unable to play mp4 files or any video content using the native Movies & TV UWP app. When I attempt to play, I get an error Can't play Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4...
  8. MP4 files will not play

MP4 files will not play: Suddenly mp4 files that have been forward to me will not play in VLC. When I click on the file I end up with this message: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\SB53GZ50\ plus statement Invalid Value for Registery. I am not positive but it seems to have...
  9. MP4 becomes a MP file that cannot be played.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MP4 becomes a MP file that cannot be played.: I have a collection of MP4 files. When I try to play some of them Windows Media Player cannot play them. The on clue is that the troubled is identified in it's folder icon shows it as a MP. They were all MP4 originally. What does this mean and how do I restore them to play...
  10. Unable to play MP4 file....?

Unable to play MP4 file....?: Hi For some reason I'm unable to play a downloaded MP4 video file with Win Media Player or VLC saying cannot render or wrong codec which I've not come across before. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not...