Windows 10: cannot play cd

Discus and support cannot play cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can not play cd that is currently installed , red x show on speaker ikon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by richardlowrance, Feb 17, 2019.

1. cannot play cd

can not play cd that is currently installed , red x show on speaker ikon

:)

richardlowrance, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      cannot play cd 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 17, 2019
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Ji-M Win User

cannot play cd

CANT PLAY CD/DVDS THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER

I tried method 1 and restarted my computer. I was still unable to play my CD. I then began Method 2 and got to step 3. Here I had to stop because I did not any "DVD\CD-ROM" drivers in the list.

Thema:

cannot play cd

1. cannot play cd - Similar Threads - cannot play

2. Any game that requires an anti cheat I cannot play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any game that requires an anti cheat I cannot play.: I am unable to play any game that has an anti cheat. This includes Madden NFL 24, Rainbow 6 Siege and Fortnite. All of these games use an Anti Cheat which is what I think it causing me from not being able to play them. I don't know why those games won't work. I have tried...
  3. Any game that requires an anti cheat I cannot play.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any game that requires an anti cheat I cannot play.: I am unable to play any game that has an anti cheat. This includes Madden NFL 24, Rainbow 6 Siege and Fortnite. All of these games use an Anti Cheat which is what I think it causing me from not being able to play them. I don't know why those games won't work. I have tried...
  4. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...: You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please your online safety settings allow Multiplayer. See instructions for changing thesa settings...
  5. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...

You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please...: You cannot play online multiplayer because of how you Microsoft Account is set up. Please your online safety settings allow Multiplayer. See instructions for changing thesa settings...
  6. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": I have went to the Xbox one/Windows 10 safety tab and changed all my permissions to "Allow", however Minecraft Pocket Edition is still giving me the following message when i try to but Minecraft Realms to play with friends... "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how...
  7. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.": I have went to the Xbox one/Windows 10 safety tab and changed all my permissions to "Allow", however Minecraft Pocket Edition is still giving me the following message when i try to but Minecraft Realms to play with friends... "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how...
  8. I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop: The computer I use is a Vostro 5490, which runs Windows 11, when I connect Bluetooth to my speakers or headphones I will not hear anything. When I go to YouTube to open a video, it keeps loading until it says "If playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device"....
  9. I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop

I cannot play YouTube videos when connected to a Bluetooth speaker on my laptop: The computer I use is a Vostro 5490, which runs Windows 11, when I connect Bluetooth to my speakers or headphones I will not hear anything. When I go to YouTube to open a video, it keeps loading until it says "If playback doesn't begin shortly try restarting your device"....
  10. I cannot get plug-and-play to work for DVDRAM GSA-T20L external drive on Windows 11

I cannot get plug-and-play to work for DVDRAM GSA-T20L external drive on Windows 11: I bought a generic DVD reader off of Amazon, and my device will not recognize it. All of the drivers that I've found online are for earlier versions of Windows....