Windows 10: cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

Discus and support cannot play dvds in media player win 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harold Deloach1, May 22, 2023.

1. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download the dvd player driver.

:)

Harold Deloach1, May 22, 2023

2. Unable to play DVDs on Windows Media Player, Windows 10

Hi Alison,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2023
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, May 22, 2023
  4. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

win 10 dvd media player

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like get more information regarding this issue.

1. Since when you are facing the issue?
    2. Do you face the issue with only particular DVD?
    3. Have you tried playing different DVD Disc?

We’d suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to update drivers.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Look for DVD/CD-ROM drivers and expand it by clicking on the arrow next to it.
    3. Right click on the driver under DVD/CD-ROM drivers and click on
      Update driver.
    4. Now select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    5. Once the process completed, restart the computer and check if it works.

You may also go through
    Play a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player
    and

DVD playback options for Windows
    for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Forums

Manjunath_H, May 22, 2023
Thema:

cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

1. cannot play dvds in media player win 10. - Similar Threads - cannot play dvds

2. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  3. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  4. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  5. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  6. Windows Media Player cannot play the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file: Hello all. I was recording duration of 2 hours then happened Power outage, so i couldn't play that video, is there any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cannot-play-the-file/2ff40864-133a-4ce4-9f2c-3d64721c11a2
  7. Windows Media Player cannot play the file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file....
  8. win media player wont play audio on my recorded dvds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win media player wont play audio on my recorded dvds: Can't get audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-media-player-wont-play-audio-on-my-recorded/a1eb930b-cc5c-452a-b4af-8aaa51a6f0da
  9. Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs: I have a problem with playing my CDs and DVDs on the Asus computer running Windows 10. The Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play on this laptop but it worked fine on my old HP laptop with Windows XP. Each time I try to start CD or DVD the pop-up shows up with a message...
  10. Windows media player will not play some DVDs?

Windows media player will not play some DVDs?: Windows media player will not play some DVDs. It does nothing when I push the play button. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 54259