Windows 10: Cannot play iphone videos on laptop

Discus and support Cannot play iphone videos on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to play an iphone video I have downloaded it says. Missing codec.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackieMinshew, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Cannot play iphone videos on laptop

When I try to play an iphone video I have downloaded it says. Missing codec.

:)

JackieMinshew, Apr 5, 2020

2. Can't play video from iPhone on my window 10

Hi,

We understand that you want to play a video from your iPhone to Windows 10.

Kindly provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Is your iPhone connected at the moment you're trying to play the video?
    • What is the file extension of the video you're trying to play?
    • What application are you trying to use to play the video?
    • Did all the videos fail to play or just a specific one?
    • Have you tried playing the same video on a different PC? If yes, did you got the same result?
    • Were you able to successfully play a video from your iPhone before?

In the meantime, running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter can find and repair the problems with your devices and hardware. Here's how to run it:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

You may also run the Windows Apps troubleshooter to repair problems
    with your Windows applications.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooters.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 5, 2020
  4. RGD954 Win User

Cannot play iphone videos on laptop

iPhone 11 Pro Videos Not Playing in Windows 10

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 11Pro. Since then when I copy the videos from the phone to my laptop (which is Windows 10), the videos only play sound with no picture. I use Windows Media Player to view videos. All videos from my previous phone, iPhone
    6S Plus, play both sound and picture. Is this some new glitch with the iPhone 11 series? I'm at a loss of how to fix this.

RGD954, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot play iphone videos on laptop

1. Cannot play iphone videos on laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot play iphone

2. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  3. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  4. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  5. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  6. Cannot sync iphone 5c to HP laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot sync iphone 5c to HP laptop: I cannot sync iphone 5c to HP laptop with windows 10. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sync-iphone-5c-to-hp-laptop/f277f661-fff9-446a-b766-b3d607d01da5
  7. Moving video files from iPhone to windows laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving video files from iPhone to windows laptop: Not sure if this is the place for this but i have videos on my iPhone 8 and am having a lot of trouble moving them to my laptop. I have tried connecting the two and drag and dropping files. I have tried google drive. The files keep corrupting! submitted by /u/ryanchluda...
  8. Transfer of Video to Iphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of Video to Iphone: I took a video on Canon Ixus camera and would like to transfer to iPhone 7. The video is to large to Mail 94Mb and will not transfer either by Bluetooth or USB connection. Anybody help ?...
  9. iPhone 11 Pro Videos Not Playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    iPhone 11 Pro Videos Not Playing in Windows 10: I recently upgraded to an iPhone 11Pro. Since then when I copy the videos from the phone to my laptop which is Windows 10, the videos only play sound with no picture. I use Windows Media Player to view videos. All videos from my previous phone, iPhone 6S Plus, play both...
  10. Cannot play AVI video on HDD but can play the same video on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot play AVI video on HDD but can play the same video on SSD: As title. After I copy the video from HDD to SSD it plays fluently. However, I don't want to store the video on SSD due to limited storage on SSD whereas enough storage on HDD. Is there any workaround? Thanks!...