Windows 10: Cannot play.mov file on my Win 10 64 bit PC with Windows Media Plalyer v. 12.0.19041.789

Discus and support Cannot play.mov file on my Win 10 64 bit PC with Windows Media Plalyer v. 12.0.19041.789 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A friend sent me from his i-phone a video with a .mov suffix. From what I read on the internet, my Windows Media Player should play this video. It will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kirkabyRR, Feb 23, 2021.

1. kirkabyRR Win User

Cannot play.mov file on my Win 10 64 bit PC with Windows Media Plalyer v. 12.0.19041.789

A friend sent me from his i-phone a video with a .mov suffix. From what I read on the internet, my Windows Media Player should play this video. It will not. I tried downloading and installing VLC player. That will not play the file either. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and for any help.

:)

kirkabyRR, Feb 23, 2021

2. cannot play .mov on media player

I installed QuickTime and downloaded codecs and it still won't play.

VanessaLowell, Feb 23, 2021
  3. cannot play .mov on media player

Hi Vanessa,

Some of the possible reasons why you’re unable to play .mov files in your Windows Media Player would be:

• Plug-ins which are required to play the .mov files aren’t installed.
    • If the Windows Media Player’s source is corrupted.
    • In Windows Media Player you need codecs to play .mov files, and if a specific codec is not installed, an error message will pop up.

By installing MOV codec, you can play MOV video files with Windows Media Player. Normally, you can simply install
    QuickTime Player to get MOV codec. Did you try to install third party codec packs?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Cannot play.mov file on my Win 10 64 bit PC with Windows Media Plalyer v. 12.0.19041.789

Want to play .mov files with windows media and Windows 10

My PC is running windows 10. The windows media player that came with it won't play .mov files from my Sony video cam.

RandyRozier, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Cannot play.mov file on my Win 10 64 bit PC with Windows Media Plalyer v. 12.0.19041.789

1. Cannot play.mov file on my Win 10 64 bit PC with Windows Media Plalyer v. 12.0.19041.789 - Similar Threads - Cannot play mov

2. MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop: Same result with Windows Media Player and Movies and TVHere's the message that displays:"Sorry. Can't Play Please Try Again 0x80004002"MP4 and WMV Will PlayApparently I need a CODEC. Can anyone advise me on how to enable my MOV files precious vids of my granddaughter?Thank...
  3. MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop: Same result with Windows Media Player and Movies and TVHere's the message that displays:"Sorry. Can't Play Please Try Again 0x80004002"MP4 and WMV Will PlayApparently I need a CODEC. Can anyone advise me on how to enable my MOV files precious vids of my granddaughter?Thank...
  4. Cannot Play .MOV files

Cannot Play .MOV files: I use a Zoom q4n to record videos that I have to submit as schoolwork. The camera only records in the .MOV format and when I try to import them to my surface they import with only audio and no video. When I try to open video files with the windows Movies and TV app I get the...
  5. Win 10 32-bit to 64-bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 32-bit to 64-bit: Hello, I recently upgraded my old Dell Optiplex 390 pc I had laying around. I started with updating to Windows 10 then added some more RAM to the system. Unfortunately i'm running on the 32 bit OS and it cannot use the extra 5 RAM i added to it and its currently being used as...
  6. win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 64 bit: Hello, I have win 10 64 bit, is there a way i can run a game that is 32 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-64-bit/df9c9918-85fb-40e3-924b-7feeaf5c44a9
  7. win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 64 bit: I bought a disc win 10 0em from newegg. ok here,s the question if I get a new motherboard I will be able to activate like win 7 right? clean install from dvd it has a license on the package. 40253
  8. create macrium rescue media for win 7 32 bit from win 10 64 bit pc

create macrium rescue media for win 7 32 bit from win 10 64 bit pc: I have Win 10 PC 64 bit having Macrium installed. I want to create a macrium rescue media which could work on my friends Win 7 32 bit PC. Pl advise. 83926
  9. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...
  10. Win 10 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit: I am wanting to upgrade my wife's comp from win 10 32 bit to win 10 64 bit, her win 10 is activated. I've downloaded the Win 10 64 bit ISO to my machine (Win 10 64 bit). Do I just burn the ISO to DVD and then boot my wife's machine with that or do I mount it on my machine...