Windows 10: Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

Discus and support Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DemonicSplatter, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to play a total of 4 or so hours over a two-three day period, the first day was fine, the second day I couldn't sign in, after fixing the signing in issues over two more days, I played for a few hours. On the fifth or so day the servers were down all day. My friend is the one hosting the realm, so for me it's under the "Friends" tab in game.

But when I go to the "Friends" tab it says "Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now." If I go to "Servers" it gives me the following message: "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety in your settings at Xbox.com"

Now if I go to Xbox.com and sign in and go to my privacy and online settings, the "Join multiplayer games Decide to allow or block joining Xbox Live multiplayer games on Xbox One." Is set to Allow. Now I've had this problem before, and I fixed it by switching it to Block then back to Allow. But this time, changing it and selecting "Submit" to change the settings it says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." And the setting doesn't update or change.

This is very annoying because I can play this realm on my account on the Xbox console. Just not on my laptop through Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, and me and my friend are splitting money to keep the realm up, and I cannot play.

Does anyone know how to fix this? So far I can't find anything online to help me with this exact problem, or the suggestions don't work.

:)

DemonicSplatter, Sep 8, 2018

2. Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hi,

Issues with playing multiplayer games online may occur if your account's privacy and online safety settings are blocked. To resolve your concern, log in to this

link
    and follow the steps below:

• Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • You can also change other settings before clicking the Save
      button.
    • Play Minecraft again.

Note For the Child accounts, only the
    Parent accounts
    can manage their privacy and online safety settings.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Joel Vogt Win User

Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hello! I am having the same problem with Minecraft, and my child's account is already set up to allow join multiplayer games, but I get the same error message that the person above is getting. Nothing I do helps.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel Vogt, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

1. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings" - Similar Threads - Cannot play online

2. Unable to access the Privacy & online safety settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the Privacy & online safety settings.: I recently migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did, I became unable to play online. This issue appears to be caused by my account having playing online turned off in the xbox settings. However, I am incapable of turning it on, because when I try to open...
  3. Can't change Privacy & online safety settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Privacy & online safety settings.: I tried this 6 months ago and I just tried again and it still doesn't work.I want to set ''Broadcast gameplay'', ''You can share content made using Kinect or another camera'' and ''Others can share your content to social networks'' on allow in the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online...
  4. Privacy and online safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and online safety: I downloaded Sea of Thieves some days ago and something that i always loved to do is talking with other players with the speaker, i don't know why but when i try to speak to them they can't hear me and i can't hear them, but instead my crewmates can hear me on the game. I was...
  5. Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings: My Camera app is not launching. It gives the message "We need your permission. To use this app open Privacy settings and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone." All of my settings allow everything to use the camera, but the camera app still...
  6. Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash: Dear Microsoft Team, I was absent from home last week. After I returned this Sunday evening September 13, 2020 my Windows was updated when switching off the computer I run WIndows 10. The next day I imediately noticed that my microphone wasn't working anymore. After some...
  7. Privilege Error Cannot play due to being Online Play restricted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Privilege Error Cannot play due to being Online Play restricted: I have downloaded Minecraft Dungeons for my son for Windows 10. Created a Microsoft account for myself and added my son as a familymember. We do not play on an Xbox so no Xbox account created, but on PC. I have changed every setting for my son so no restrictions are applied....
  8. Xbox Online Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Online Privacy Settings: I have been trying to play minecraft on Windows 10 with realms, but it says to change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings. If I go to that, it automatically redirects to https://beta.support.xbox.com/. If I click on more actions > Xbox settings, it redirects right...
  9. Cannot play Solitaire online

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot play Solitaire online: Solitaire games not available online - Can only play offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-play-solitaire-online/38a86466-35c5-4dc5-aec6-b1586efbe787"
  10. Can not play online due to how my account is set up - error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play online due to how my account is set up - error: Split from this thread. I habe tried absolutely everything, from simply restarting my xbox to changing every permission and it doesn't help. I have been stuck like this ever since. Minecraft beta was automatically downloaded onto my xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. parent: family and privacy settings an unexpected error occurred. please try again later.

2. What privacy settings to change for You cannot play online multiplayer

3. an unexpected error occurred xbox privacy

4. xbox ipad your friends are not playing Minecraft right now,
  5. minecraft friend cant join app says friends are not playing,
  6. your friends are not playing minecraft right now,
  7. xbox privacy An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.,
  8. privacy settings unexpected error,
  9. privacy windowns to play,
  10. you can join multiplayer gamesdecide to allow or block joining multiplayer games on xbox live.,
  11. cannot play minecraft on windows due to privacy,
  12. you cannot play multiplayer games online because of how your account is set up,
  13. you cannot play multiplayer games online because of how your account is set up. You need a parent to change this. And yours in Settings account family settings add a parent