Windows 10: Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

Discus and support Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DemonicSplatter, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to play a total of 4 or so hours over a two-three day period, the first day was fine, the second day I couldn't sign in, after fixing the signing in issues over two more days, I played for a few hours. On the fifth or so day the servers were down all day. My friend is the one hosting the realm, so for me it's under the "Friends" tab in game.

But when I go to the "Friends" tab it says "Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now." If I go to "Servers" it gives me the following message: "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety in your settings at Xbox.com"

Now if I go to Xbox.com and sign in and go to my privacy and online settings, the "Join multiplayer games Decide to allow or block joining Xbox Live multiplayer games on Xbox One." Is set to Allow. Now I've had this problem before, and I fixed it by switching it to Block then back to Allow. But this time, changing it and selecting "Submit" to change the settings it says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." And the setting doesn't update or change.

This is very annoying because I can play this realm on my account on the Xbox console. Just not on my laptop through Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, and me and my friend are splitting money to keep the realm up, and I cannot play.

Does anyone know how to fix this? So far I can't find anything online to help me with this exact problem, or the suggestions don't work.

:)

DemonicSplatter, Sep 8, 2018

2. Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hi,

Issues with playing multiplayer games online may occur if your account's privacy and online safety settings are blocked. To resolve your concern, log in to this

link
    and follow the steps below:

• Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • You can also change other settings before clicking the Save
      button.
    • Play Minecraft again.

Note For the Child accounts, only the
    Parent accounts
    can manage their privacy and online safety settings.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Joel Vogt Win User

Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hello! I am having the same problem with Minecraft, and my child's account is already set up to allow join multiplayer games, but I get the same error message that the person above is getting. Nothing I do helps.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel Vogt, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

1. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings" - Similar Threads - Cannot play online

2. I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.: I have windows pro. I have upgraded from my the "home" edition to "pro" edition for $100 and even using the gpuedit work around cannot unlock microphone....
  3. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  4. Can not play online due to how my account is set up - error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play online due to how my account is set up - error: Split from this thread. I habe tried absolutely everything, from simply restarting my xbox to changing every permission and it doesn't help. I have been stuck like this ever since. Minecraft beta was automatically downloaded onto my xbox...
  5. Can't Change Windows 10/Online Safety Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Windows 10/Online Safety Privacy Settings: Hi there, I've been trying to stream Windows 10 games to Mixer for the past week, but nothing seems to work. Through online research, I found that I need to toggle the setting under the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety privacy settings page from "Blocked" to "Allow" in the...
  6. Cannot join multiplayer games due to privacy setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot join multiplayer games due to privacy setup.: Hello, I mostly game on pc notably halo wars 2. It's been fun, but now I cannot join multiplayer games due to privacy setups. When I access my xbox live account and visit privacy settings I found this. You can join multiplayer games Decide to allow or block joining...
  7. Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.: Windows 10 using MS Edge or Firefox. When I go to a site to play a video it says: "Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here." Last week this worked fine with no issues. Don't know what changed. Doesn't appear to be a website problem because it...
  8. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  9. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129
  10. Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting: Microsoft has today detailed why they chose to pull the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update and the Media Creation Tool over the weekend. Their initial comment regarding the situation claimed the company decided that all users needed to update via Windows Update,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox privacy An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

2. privacy settings unexpected error

3. privacy windowns to play

4. you can join multiplayer gamesdecide to allow or block joining multiplayer games on xbox live.,
  5. cannot play minecraft on windows due to privacy,
  6. you cannot play multiplayer games online because of how your account is set up,
  7. you cannot play multiplayer games online because of how your account is set up. You need a parent to change this. And yours in Settings account family settings add a parent