Windows 10: Cannot play online games -- and only online games -- for longer than 5 to 10 minutes

Discus and support Cannot play online games -- and only online games -- for longer than 5 to 10 minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings! I come today with an issue I've been experiencing on my Windows 10 computer. For the last week or so, I've been experiencing a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rhearmas, Oct 30, 2019.

1. rhearmas Win User

Cannot play online games -- and only online games -- for longer than 5 to 10 minutes

Greetings! I come today with an issue I've been experiencing on my Windows 10 computer.

For the last week or so, I've been experiencing a network issue on a specific WiFi connection at one of my two main locations of where I use my device. I can do everything on it just fine: access social media, watch YouTube videos... you name it.

However, when I play any online game, I lose connection after about 5 to 10 minutes of being connected to the match. After rejoining the game or playing a different round, I experience the same connection loop mentioned earlier.

This only affects online video games; YouTube videos, social media, and everything else works just fine.

This only happens on this specific WiFi connection: every other place I've connected to doesn't experience any behavior like this.

Can I get some help with this? Thanks in advance,

Carol

:)

rhearmas, Oct 30, 2019

2. Bluescreen every 10 minutes i play games

I have a problem with my laptop when i'm playing games...it always bluescreen around 5-15 minutes I play that game...In system requirement said that game only need 2GB of RAM..but I have 8GB of RAM

Please Help me to solve this

jose gabriellejunior, Oct 30, 2019
  3. eldon97 Win User
    BSOD when 5-10 minutes playing games

but sometimes does, sometimes doesn't. the BSOD never happen if i has play more than couple hour, so if BSOD happen must be in first 5-10 minutes playing games...

and there is more issue. sometimes when i play game there is notification "the display driver has stopped..." and the game screen is freeze but i know the game still running because the sound is normal... it more often happen when i have latest update vga driver, when i downgraded it display driver it more better but still happen sometimes

the third problem, my pc often make 5 times beep sound and if it happen the screen is doesn't appear but i know the PC is running because there is windows start sound and i can shutdown it with press the power button. it more often happen if i turn it on after i shut down the pc about 5-30 minutes before.

i know it possible because the vga driver, but i has reinstalled the driver many times and it still happen. it happen from 1 month ago...

there is some screenshot i uploaded. but i dont get the zip file dm log collector, idk why. i just get the SFdebugfile folder and i uploaded it. i will edit this thread if there is someone tell me how to get the zip file and uploaded.

Vga driver version: Crimson 15.12

Thank you. i wish there is someone can help me. sorry for my bad English.*Biggrin

eldon97, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Cannot play online games -- and only online games -- for longer than 5 to 10 minutes

Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot play online games -- and only online games -- for longer than 5 to 10 minutes

1. Cannot play online games -- and only online games -- for longer than 5 to 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Cannot play online

2. cannot connect to online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to online games: Online gaming Connectivity Issues but Browser Works I've had this gaming pc for about 3 years now and ive never ran into any issues in terms of speed or running my gamesAbout a week ago now ive been experiencing connectivity issues with online gamesLeague of Legendsgames wont...
  3. cannot connect to online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot connect to online games: Online gaming Connectivity Issues but Browser Works I've had this gaming pc for about 3 years now and ive never ran into any issues in terms of speed or running my gamesAbout a week ago now ive been experiencing connectivity issues with online gamesLeague of Legendsgames wont...
  4. Online Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online Gaming: Whenever I am gaming online, I find that if the game's graphics are high but not too high, and I play for a long period of time, that my Wi-Fi will disconnect for only my laptop, and no other device in my house. Even the other day when I was playing a chrome game Jackbox my...
  5. Not able to play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play online games: I purchased the xbox game pass today and downloaded it so i had to download the newest windows update. After i downloaded the update i cant play games online. i can use google like i am right now. i can watch youtube fine. I tried to play overwatch and minecraft but they just...
  6. I played online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I played online games: online games until I accidently hit PLAY OFFLINE GAMES and now I cant get back to play games online with friends. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-played-online-games/955e6f3b-0785-4d46-b28d-082a1140a3bb
  7. Can not play online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  8. Can not play online games

Can not play online games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  9. Can not play online games

10. Can not play online games