Windows 10: Cannot play sounds

Discus and support Cannot play sounds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I got some problems, I can't hear Windows sounds, like the Critical Stop Sound. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikkyStephens, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Cannot play sounds

Hi, I got some problems, I can't hear Windows sounds, like the Critical Stop Sound. How do I fix this?

:)

NikkyStephens, Dec 3, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 4, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Cannot play sounds

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Cannot play sounds :p

cadaveca, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot play sounds

1. Cannot play sounds - Similar Threads - Cannot play sounds

2. Sound Not Playing Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Not Playing Properly: I recently created a custom sound scheme for Windows 11, and I replaced all of the built in Windows sounds with my own. I succeeded with all of them, except for "Notification." Whenever I replace the Notification sound with my custom sound, the sound does not play I.E...
  3. Sounds Don't Play?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds Don't Play?: Just upgraded to Windows 11 and noticed my sound file is not playing. The sound track from videos play fine. Anything I should be looking at? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-dont-play/6e552708-eecf-41ac-a062-2c57e805df60
  4. 'Allow notifications to play sounds' option is locked, cannot disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Allow notifications to play sounds' option is locked, cannot disable: Since the update yesterday July 8th 2021 all notifications are playing sounds, and System sounds continues to unmute itself within the volume mixer.I searched a bit and found some potential solutions, but now I've run into a problem because the setting I'm suppose to disable...
  5. Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once

Sound cannot play from multiple applications at once: When I'm in a video call of any sort, whether it be Messenger, Houseparty or Zoom, I cannot hear sound from any other application. Example: In Messenger video call, attempting to play Spotify music at the smae time. Sound from video call is priorotised and Spotify has no...
  6. Sound not playing

Sound not playing: My March 2020 HP Pavillon All in one 24 - xa1007na has stopped playing sound. I have used microsoft on line trouble shooting guide with no luck. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-playing/08d95fe6-a680-4fc3-9c0a-3af8f1a9db4e
  7. Playing sound

Playing sound: Is it possible to play sound through speaker and through headphones simultaneously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-sound/2e769fcf-a085-402d-b73d-d6f394e18562
  8. No sound playing

No sound playing: I have my acer vivobook connect to my lg tv with my hdmi cord. I know the cord works because it works with my xbox. However when i connect my cord with my comptuer the video works but the sound doesnt. The only time the sound works it when i do the sound test. I have tried...
  9. Unable to Play Sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Play Sounds: Today when I fired up my pc it was showing a red cross on the sound icon on the taskbar when I clicked on it it started Troubleshooter but troubleshooter couldn't help me when I open playback devices it is showing my Speakers and when I clicked test nothing happens I tried...
  10. No Sound and all media cannot be played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound and all media cannot be played: Just opened my laptop to start the day only for me to find that there is no sound in my device. I tried playing everything from youtube to mp3 files and nothing worked, none of the were playing, everything else are working but media and such does not....