Windows 10: cannot press alt key with a number

Discus and support cannot press alt key with a number in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i cannot press my alt key following a number in any programs, this includes a game where i need to press an alt key with a number for keybinding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leo14770, Oct 6, 2020.

1. cannot press alt key with a number

i cannot press my alt key following a number in any programs, this includes a game where i need to press an alt key with a number for keybinding purposes, anyone know why this is or potential fixes.

submitted by /u/leo14770
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leo14770, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

cannot press alt key with a number

Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink cannot press alt key with a number ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

cannot press alt key with a number

1. cannot press alt key with a number - Similar Threads - cannot press alt

2. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  3. Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing-The-Space-Key-Shows-Alt-Key-Pressed-in-th e-OSK: troubleshoot didn't detect anything, sticky and filter keys are on and I even tried to toggle them on then off, reinstalled keyboard drivers, hardware is fine, even tried to restore to a point before it happened...
  4. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  5. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  6. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  7. Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard: When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed every time I press...
  8. Computer thinks Alt key is pressed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer thinks Alt key is pressed repeatedly: I have googled this issue quite a lot, its inconsistent when it happens but when it Does happen its an absolute pain in the butt. -On screen keyboard shows ALT is held down,(or pressed fast) clicking alt flashes it off and it turns back on. -Unplugging keyboard does nothing,...
  9. Right alt key also presses right control key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right alt key also presses right control key: I've been using the altgr key as toggle mute for discord as it outputs right alt, and I've got my right ctrl set to toggle deafen. Now, altgr outputs both right alt and ctrl, meaning I have to rebind my toggle mute to something else. Is there any way to revert(?) or fix this...
  10. Cannot use the number keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot use the number keys: This is really frustrating. I cannot use my zero nor dash keys on my keyboard. Please help. The Acer laptop is not even 2 months old and I am having these problems....