Windows 10: cannot preview .msg files in explorer

Discus and support cannot preview .msg files in explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated outlook and now cannot preview saved .msg files in explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesBeattie2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. cannot preview .msg files in explorer

I recently updated outlook and now cannot preview saved .msg files in explorer

:)

CharlesBeattie2, Oct 10, 2019

2. Can't preview MSG files in explorer

Thanks for your continued attention.

The methods you suggest are for *OPENING* msg files, but I don't have any problems with that.

The error is with *PREVIEWING* emails - my workflow is such that I quickly scan up and down folder lists in explorer (including Word documents, spreadsheets, PDFs and emails) reading what is in the preview pane.

Disabling the network driver (for the Wifi adaptor) definitely fixes the fault. It has re-occurred and I have just been able to fix it by doing this (and previewing then continues to work OK even after re-enabling the driver)

I will check for driver update and report back.

SergeantPluck, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Can't preview MSG files in explorer

Since posting previous reply, error has recurred!

So I set up a new Test User account.

Results as follows :

Logged in as normal user :

Unable to preview msg file, error message displayed.

Sign out, then log in as Test User

Logged in as Test User :

Disable wifi adaptor

Msg file previews OK

Re-enable wifi adaptor

Msg file still previews OK

Sign out, then log in as normal user

Logged in as normal user :

Disable wifi adaptor

Msg file previews OK

Re-enable wifi adaptor

Msg file still previews OK

CONCLUSION : It appears to me that which user account is used has no effect

SergeantPluck, Oct 10, 2019
  4. cannot preview .msg files in explorer

preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

cannot preview .msg files in explorer

1. cannot preview .msg files in explorer - Similar Threads - cannot preview msg

2. Windows Explorer cannot preview PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer cannot preview PDF file: Hi there,As per subject, not able to click to "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer", os is Win11 ARM64. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-cannot-preview-pdf-file/769ec41e-5856-4467-ad83-a050944de297
  3. Windows Explorer cannot preview PDF file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer cannot preview PDF file: Hi there,As per subject, not able to click to "Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer", os is Win11 ARM64. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-cannot-preview-pdf-file/769ec41e-5856-4467-ad83-a050944de297
  4. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  5. Explorer File Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer File Preview: Explorer preview not working. Have searched internet on possible fixes. Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.450 Explorer->General->Open File Explorer set to this PC Explorer->View->Files and Folders->Show preview handlers in preview pane checked. Registry setting added....
  6. can not preview the msg files on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not preview the msg files on windows 10.: Hi, I have just bought a new Dell computer with office 365 and windows 10, 64 bit version? I was looking for the user voice for windows , but I could not find it. I can not preview the msg files on windows 10, 64 bits version Is seems that there is no solution today : can...
  7. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  8. Cannot Preview Encrypted Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Preview Encrypted Files in File Explorer: I just made the move from a Vista 64-bit machine to a Windows 10 Pro machine (64-bit). I have been able to sort out, work around, and learn many things to get this machine to do what I need it to do. However, there is one issue I have not been able to solve. When using File...
  9. Office files cannot be previewed in Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office files cannot be previewed in Explorer Windows 10: Preview only works for excel, pdf, and jpg (and other image) files. Word, Powerpoint files show "This file cannot be previewed" (Note that excel files do work) The issue has lasted for months. Apparently, it started in one of the automatic updates (which unfortunately have...
  10. Msg: "System cannot find file specified".

in Windows 10 Support
    Msg: "System cannot find file specified".: OS win 10. Ms Outlook 2003. Until today I was able to open .jpg etc pictures that were emailed. They were shown in Photos. Photos is showing pictures on start up screen as slide show but apparently is not accepting additional ones. Assistance appreciated. 41631