Windows 10: Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer

Discus and support Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 computers come with support for a range of peripherals. This includes a long list of printers. But some users have reported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 31, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer

WinClub, Aug 31, 2019

2. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer - Similar Threads - Cannot print file

2. I cannot print a page from a website. Instead of printing, it goes to save and there is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot print a page from a website. Instead of printing, it goes to save and there is no...: I am trying to print a page off a website. The website offers a "print" icon but when I press it, instead of printing, it directly me to save it in a file..Then I can't print it from this file...there is no print option. My printer is working fine and printing everything else...
  3. I cannot print a page from a website. Instead of printing, it goes to save and there is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot print a page from a website. Instead of printing, it goes to save and there is no...: I am trying to print a page off a website. The website offers a "print" icon but when I press it, instead of printing, it directly me to save it in a file..Then I can't print it from this file...there is no print option. My printer is working fine and printing everything else...
  4. I cannot print a page from a website. Instead of printing, it goes to save and there is no...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot open saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open saved files: Despite earlier advice form the Community I am still unable to open files saved in Documents/Pictures folders.I am using a Lenovo desktop computer with Windows 10 software. In particular and possibly in other cases , when I prepare a document using Open Office 3.1 either Calc...
  6. Cannot open saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open saved files: Despite earlier advice form the Community I am still unable to open files saved in Documents/Pictures folders.I am using a Lenovo desktop computer with Windows 10 software. In particular and possibly in other cases , when I prepare a document using Open Office 3.1 either Calc...
  7. Cannot open saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing: Since the update yesterday when I print, it tried to save PRN file before printing. How do I stop that and just print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-print-it-tries-to-save-file-instead-of-just/f094cb24-0923-43df-88ed-20ed83c4aeeb
  9. open files instead of always saving them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open files instead of always saving them: I still haven't mastered the concept of just being able to open a file without saving it. I end up deleting tons of useless data, and it gets annoying. Can anyone offer me a solution?...
  10. My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer will only save as prn files instead of printing: Hello, I have a Dell Desktop, i7 processor, 16 GB ram, running Windows 10. I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8610. I used to be able to print from my computer to my printer. Now my computer will only "save as a prn file." I can print from other devices such as iPhones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save as printer file settings

2. save print output as instead of printing

3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-the-printer-opens-a-save-print/a298ecc6-1827-405f-8a37-fdb6d05d0a55