Windows 10: Cannot print after installing Version 2004

Discus and support Cannot print after installing Version 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just updated Windows to version 2004 and I cannot print to my Brother MFC-L2700DW printer. My other computer is still on version 1903 and it can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DwightJessup, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Cannot print after installing Version 2004

I just updated Windows to version 2004 and I cannot print to my Brother MFC-L2700DW printer. My other computer is still on version 1903 and it can print with no issues. I have turned off all firewall and virus protection while re-installing the print drivers and rebooting through every step along the way. I have tried to connect through WiFi, LAN, and USB re-installing/rebooting/etc. through the whole process. The Windows operating system cannot recognize the printer on the home network. I have already contacted Brother and they tell me that it is a Microsoft issue and directed me to their support pages. The last four updates that were applied when this issue started are the following: KB4565672, KB4566785, KB4565503, and the Adobe Update for Flash Player. Has anyone else have this problem and has anyone found a solution? Thank you.

:)

DwightJessup, Aug 6, 2020
  2. GHLDE Win User

Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004

Cannot print after installing Windows 10 version 2004. The installation included KB4560366, and, I subsequently installed KB4567523, but problem still persists. Get blank pages from printer when attempting to print txt and MSword documents. The printer
    is HP Officejet 4630. Should I expect a fix from Microsoft at some point in in the future?

GHLDE, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Statman Win User
    Cannot print after update to version 1803

Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks.

One person has an HP Color Laserjet and a Savin Color Laserjet, both network printers. When trying to print to either printer, Windows immediately comes back with a message that says "problem initializing current printer - check settings". I have tried clearing the printer spool folder contents, uninstalling/reinstalling the printer software (also tried compatibility mode installation), and running the troubleshooter. Nothing has worked. Windows 'sees' the printers on the network, but doesn't even try to print to them. The Print Spool Service is set to automatic.

A couple other computers have similar problems, with different printers attached.

I cannot figure this out. The printers worked fine before the update. Any suggestions?

Statman, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Cannot print after installing Version 2004

Cannot print after update to version 1803

Welcome to TenForums @Statman

Many HP printers only support SMB1. See this pdf for the list...
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05547920

If the HP Color Laserjet is on that list, enable the SMB1 client on the PC in Windows Features. By default SMB1 is turned off in 1803.

Cannot print after installing Version 2004 [​IMG]

Bree, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Cannot print after installing Version 2004

1. Cannot print after installing Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Cannot print installing

2. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10: Since my system was updated to the 2004 version of Windows 10, I am unable to print. In doing a test, I got a message that there was print spooler error at the print server. Is there a fix for this problem? Is Microsoft planning to do an update to correct the problem which...
  3. Unable to print after 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print after 2004: Yesterday windows 10 2004 update installed on my machine. Today the printer is not printing. I can see jobs in the print queue but nothing will print. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. After installing Windows 10, version 2004, my Windows Mail 16005.13426.20316.0 prints...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing Windows 10, version 2004, my Windows Mail 16005.13426.20316.0 prints...: OS Build 19041.685 installed on 12/11/2020 Since then all of my emails using Windows Mail print about 1/8 size. Very hard to read. I've changed the Mail options to have a bigger font without any change I've played with Print settings, no change I've updated firmware in...
  5. Install version 2004

Install version 2004: Yesterday is the 2nd time I tried to install version 2004. The first time was when it was an available download in September. Both times it failed with error 0xc1900101. I don't have any external devices attached except for the wireless mouse. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15...
  6. Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10

Print spooler error after update to Version 2004 of Windows 10: Since my system was updated to the 2004 version of Windows 10, I am unable to print. In doing a test, I got a message that there was print spooler error at the print server. Is there a fix for this problem? Is Microsoft planning to do an update to correct the problem which...
  7. installing version 2004

installing version 2004: i tried to get version 2004 via windows update feature. but when it got stuck at downloading 87%, i paused it then after restarting i again started the update. but this time after ''getting things ready'' pop up it directly went to installing progress . there was no...
  8. Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004

Print Problem - Windows 10 Version 2004: Cannot print after installing Windows 10 version 2004. The installation included KB4560366, and, I subsequently installed KB4567523, but problem still persists. Get blank pages from printer when attempting to print txt and MSword documents. The printer is HP Officejet 4630....
  9. Cannot install Windows version 2004? Help

Cannot install Windows version 2004? Help: for the past 2-3 days, i have tried everything to install version 2004 but nothing works. I tried the Windows Media Creation Tool which only gets stuck at 31%, I have tried the windows update assistant which gets stuck at 99% and I have tried going into Settings, then Windows...
  10. Cannot print after update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot print after update to version 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...