Windows 10: Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail

Discus and support Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can use my printer OK from various apps / programs such as browsers and email clients but not at all from the key Windows 10 apps: Edge and Mail.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, Mar 10, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail

I can use my printer OK from various apps / programs such as browsers and email clients but not at all from the key Windows 10 apps: Edge and Mail. When I try, I get the printer menu page but then (in red) a statement that the printer cannot be found. I can print from WordPad, so what I have to do is copy / paste to WordPad. This is not so difficult but I would like tp print directly from Edge and Mail.

The HP Deskjet 1510 Printer is connected via USB cable, not WiFi.

Any ideas?

:)

clayto, Mar 10, 2016
  2. deebate Win User

microsoft edge e mail printing

Trying to print E-Mail from BT Mail with Windows 10 Microsoft edge

When Edge prints it only prints the top half of the page and no matter what I try I cannot get it to print the full page

I DID IT !!!!!!

I changed from Microsoft edge to Internet Explorer and printed out the full page - SIMPLE

Microsoft Edge has some work to do to solve this problem without users having to revert to their old browser.

deebate, Mar 10, 2016
  3. printing

since uploading new windows 10 I find that I am unable to print anything off Microsoft edge or my e-mails but can print off google chrome.Printing off my e-mails now sends me to Microsoft edge which means I cannot print anything. I need to print off important
    information from my e-mails so does anyone have any suggestions? I thought windows 10 was supposed to be the best system but does not appear to be if you cannot do a simple thing such as printing!

peterbrookes3120, Mar 10, 2016
  4. Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail

As well as the above
    Go to the 3 dots top right hand corner
    Click scroll down to print
    This will open up your Printer
    Once loaded press Print on your Printer App
    That will print out what you want

hTconeM9user, Mar 11, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Clayto,
    You had your post marked as Solved BEFORE you received the first reply. (I knew that because I have been following your thread since you posted.)
    Was that a mistake or you did find a solution yourself before you received a reply from this forum ?
    If you found an answer by yourself, would you mind share with us the answer ?

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
  6. clayto Win User
    Hello, thanks for the replies.

1. I dont kow how 'Solved' got there, it was not intentional and surprised me too, perhaps I clicked a key unintentionally

2. CTL+P is a good suggestion, I hadnt thought of. I have something to print tomorrow so I will give it a try --- will report back

3. Going to the menu (three dots) and clicking print was the method I tried and got the 'printer not found' response --- I tried to copy the message so I could paste the exact wording which is a bit odd, but copy did not work

clayto, Mar 11, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You can UN-do it if you want to.
    At the top or at the bottom of the page, there should be a green button that says " Mark unsolved".
    Click it and it is undone.

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
  8. clayto Win User

My reply reporting Ctrl P did not work has not been displayed. However, to update, I have for other reasons done a clean reinstall and as a by-product printing from Edg and Mail now works.

clayto, Mar 20, 2016
  9. kcproduc Win User
    As well as the above
    Go to the 3 dots top right hand corner
    Click scroll down to print
    This will open up your Printer
    Once loaded press Print on your Printer App
    That will print out what you want

That does not work. I've received messages ranging from a) nothing was sent to the printer; b) your printer is turned off, turn your printer on (the printer IS on!); c) your printer is off-line (it isn't) to d) your printer (Brother HL-3170CDW) needs new drivers (The Brother website affirms that I do not need new drivers and can find nothing wrong with my network or any of my printers - The Brother mentioned, an Epson 4530 and an Epson 6700. Unfortunately I run a business and don't print a page a day. Don't have the time to copy/paste into other programs to print. I need to print what I see when I see it. Far as I can see this Mail and Calendar for MS Edge wasn't thought out very well at all. Very Sad

kcproduc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot print Edge

2. Cannot print mails with images from Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot print mails with images from Windows 10 Mail: Since several weeks I cannot print mails from Windows 10 Mail that include images. It will work in all other apps and in text only emails. If it fails, one can see an error from PrintService in the Event Viewer complaining about a spooler related error Event Id 372. More...
  3. Printing from mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from mail: Hi When i Print an email, it prints 1/4 the size it should, as if it is trying to print 4 pages on 1. THis is the first time i have seen this as i hardly ever print emails. Documents etc print correctly, just the emails are doing this. I have a Lenovo Yoga 300, using...
  4. cannot print actual email from windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot print actual email from windows 10 mail: I cannot print any emails from windows mail/calendar app from any of 4 email accounts yahoo, hotmail, comcast, and gmail. I can print same email from their web based clients. I have uninstalled all email accounts from windows mail then uninstalled windows mail. reinstalled...
  5. Cannot Print from Microsoft Edge

Cannot Print from Microsoft Edge: Just installed Windows 10 and I can't print from Microsoft Edge * Original title: Just installed Windows 10 and I can't print from Microsoft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-from-microsoft-edge/61857b98-007d-47d3-bf36-f307c7064e18
  6. Can't print from Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print from Windows 10 Mail: After Mail was updated earlier today, I can't print emails; the "Print" window comes up, and I click "Print". Nothing happens. I can print from LibreOffice, so I'm pretty sure the printer isn't the problem. I reset mail (in the process of running Windows app trouble shooter),...
  7. 0x8007007e When Printing from Mail app or Edge in windows 10

0x8007007e When Printing from Mail app or Edge in windows 10: Whenever I try to print from the mail app or edge, I get an error saying unable to print error code 0x8007007e . Any suggestions on how to get this resolved so I can print? Receiving the same error when printing to PDF or any other printer....
  8. Printing emails from "Mail" on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Printing emails from "Mail" on Windows 10: I select an email. I click the little dots (top right). I select "Print". I get a black and white window where I can change some print options. The ones already selected are what I want, including the correct printer. There is no icon or other option of telling it to "Print"....
  9. Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.

Printing is oversized, live mail, edge.: Hello, would like to introduce myself my name is Justin. I am having some troubles printing. We are a company, and 2 of our computers now run windows 10. The problem i am having from Edge, Windows Live Mail. IE pretty much Everything is printing over-sized. Emails is...
  10. Edge and Mail intermittent printing

Edge and Mail intermittent printing: Have updated to Win 10 1607 but every now and again edge and mail fail to print to my hp d1400 series printer but if I print from desktop apps like WLM 2012 or notepad it prints ok. I ran hp print doctor which installed new drivers but the problem still remains. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot print from edge windows 10

2. cannot print from edge in windows 10

3. mail windows 10 cannot print

4. cannot print email from windows 10 edge,
  5. cannot print from windows 10 edge,
  6. cannot print windows edge,
  7. Can not print from windows edge or mail