Windows 10: Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window

Discus and support Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It may have been a windows update, but on two PC's at my work they cannot print a pdf from a browser window IE11, ME, Chrome, etc.. When a pdf comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToddTFPCorp, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window

It may have been a windows update, but on two PC's at my work they cannot print a pdf from a browser window IE11, ME, Chrome, etc..

When a pdf comes up in a browser window and you scroll your mouse over it, you will see the controls at the top Print, Save, +/-, Settings - Save works, Sizing works, settings works, but when you hit print, nothing happens. You don't get the Print Dialog Box or anything. If you attempt to print the entire page, it only prints the web page, not the contents of the embedded browser window Frame. If you open the pdf separately using Acrobat or Reader, it prints fine. It is only from the embedded browser window that it will not print. This is not specific to one Internet Browser - it happens in Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, etc. Unfortunately, my company has a VB Based program we use, and we print blueprints saved as pdf's in a browser window that is embedded in a VB Form, and we have the issue there as well. This is a couple months old - one PC lost the ability to print, now another one just did.

I cannot find anywhere on the net with people having the same issue or what the fix is.

Anyone know?

I have un-installed and re-installed Adobe Reader and that didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

:)

ToddTFPCorp, Aug 27, 2020

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Printing a pdf file

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Which browser are you using to print using pdf option?
    I suggest you to try with different browsers and go to the option “print with PDF”
    and then try to print and check if the issue persist. This will determine us whether the issue with browsers or printer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window

1. Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window - Similar Threads - Cannot Print PDF's

2. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  3. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  4. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf: Hi,I use Office 365, company license. I can open the file but I cannot either download a file to my computer it just crash.I also cannot print to pdf. I always said "You'll need a new App to open this blob link".And when I search for the possible app. I installed many of them...
  6. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf: Hi,I use Office 365, company license. I can open the file but I cannot either download a file to my computer it just crash.I also cannot print to pdf. I always said "You'll need a new App to open this blob link".And when I search for the possible app. I installed many of them...
  7. Cannot Print from Office 365 to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't print .pdf from browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't print .pdf from browser: Hi. I can't print any .pdf file directly from browser (edge or chrome). When I choose print, the only option I have is to save as pdf and then I have to open the saved pdf file and print it. Saved files are printed OK. Can you help me? Thanks. 43738
  9. Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file: I cannot use the Microsoft print to pdf feature on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 10 Home Edge browser. The print screen shows a blank preview. Print to pdf does work on the laptop from any other app such as Word, OneNote, etc. I can print to pdf from Edge on my desktop...
  10. Cannot print Foxit pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print Foxit pdf: Hello I have Windows 10 and HP Photosmart 5520 e-all-in-one-printer readily printing everything from any devices of mine (laptop, iPad mini). But I cannot print Foxit PDF. When I click print icon, or option in the file menu, I do not have "select printer interface" dialogue...