Windows 10: Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

Discus and support Cannot print photos but can print everything else. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using HP Photosmart C4600 printer/OEM Windows 10/ Windows Photo Viewer. When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fredrock, Apr 1, 2016.

1. fredrock Win User

Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

Using HP Photosmart C4600 printer/OEM Windows 10/ Windows Photo Viewer.
    When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this picture".

:)

fredrock, Apr 1, 2016

2. Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

1. What is the file type/extension of this picture?

2. Is that an issue with all the pictures that you try to print?

Windows can't find this picture. You might have specified the wrong location, or you have lost access to a network location. Check the location, and then try again.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 1.

Let us first save this picture on a different location as a .jpg format and then try printing and check.

Method 2.

a. Browse to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer.

b. Leave that window open and then right click on start, select “Command Prompt” (Admin).

c. Type “C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery” and press enter.

d. Next you need to register some of the files in this folder, for each file ending with .dll, do this…

e. Type regsvr32 and the file name then press enter.

f. For example regsvr32 Photoviewer.dll and press enter. There is a space between regsvr32 and photoviewer.dll.

e. It should say something with the file name and “succeeded”. If not you need to try it again and watch the spacing.

Note: If you cannot see the file extensions (The .dll) go explore and choose Organize, Folder and search options, click on the view tab, and then uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

HP Photosmart C4600 printer. OEM Windows 10. Windows Photo Viewer.

When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this picture".

Fredrock46, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

-Are you able to find the photo you are attempting to print, on your computer, in the directory tree?

DaveGrant01, Apr 1, 2016
  5. When you open Windows Photo Viewer do you see the photo
    If so then it must print as mine does
    When I click on print
    A photo comes up with a text above it
    How do you want to print this
    With several options
    Then I select what one I want
    Then Click Print and it does do it
    Because if photo is showing then it should show and print

hTconeM9user, Apr 1, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    It may be best for you if you ask the folks in HP Photosmart C4600 printer Support Forum :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJe...ne/td-p/180838

davidhk, Apr 2, 2016
  7. fredrock Win User
    Ok, I got it fixed now. Turns out the program defaults and file associations were not set up properly. Thanks for the help.

fredrock, Apr 2, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Thanks for the update.

Please mark your thread as Solved so others with the same problem will know there is an answer in this thread.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot print photos but can print everything else. - Similar Threads - Cannot print photos

2. Printing photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing photos: Hi We are having trouble printing wallet prints from our computers. They are coming out with big white stripes in the middle of them. I have tried on multiple PC's & to 3 different printers and the same problem occurs. We are able to print contact sheets correctly, but...
  3. Photo printing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo printing: I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Old HP4610 printer was setup and works perfectly well, but: Photos stored under "Pictures" will not print. Everything works perfectly well but nothing prints. Also no error message. Photos opened with "Photos" app. Also tried various...
  4. cannot print from Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot print from Microsoft Photos: I have a new problem that has arisen with Microsoft Photos. If I try to print any type of file from Microsoft Photos I get the error message "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x8007007e" It does not matter what printer I select. Even print...
  5. Printing Photos

Printing Photos: How can I print a photograph smaller than 2" X 3" using the Microsoft photo program that came with my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-photos/1cc575a5-657f-46b0-8ec5-5c8b6a94f757
  6. Photo prints

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo prints: When printing contact sheet printer re-sorts photos out of date order. Can it be changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-prints/7a64aae0-e8af-489f-b59a-86c6b1d941e1"
  7. printing photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    printing photos: How do I print pictures in an oval shape? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-photos/c9771574-1fe8-4367-baa5-b03d26dddbd8
  8. Printing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing Photos: I am trying to print photos from my computer and the only thing that comes up is unreadable text in a file conversion box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-photos/3366d903-ecc1-41fe-bf0b-6fa41e65a378"
  9. printing photos

printing photos: I am trying to print photos and they show perfectly when I view then on the screen - but when I try to print, the picture gets cropped. I've tried printing from file explorer and through Microsoft photo app but no joy. Any suggestions? Thanks!...
  10. Photo printing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo printing: How do I print multiple wallets on one page instead of one per page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/photo-printing/c1fe1596-84a1-4be7-8a2c-fe26b9b71acb