Windows 10: Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul SW, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Paul SW Win User

Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

Hi there,

One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning).

One of three things happens when she tries to print:

-- The application shows all the installed printers in the drop-down, but when she clicks print, nothing happens

-- The application shows all the installed printers in the drop-down, but when she clicks print, she gets an error saying there are no printers installed

-- The application does not show any printers

The printers are all showing in control panel.

It is not even possible to print to PDF.

I have tried restarting the print spooler service in services.msc but that hasn't helped.

Any advice?

Best

Paul

:)

Paul SW, Oct 7, 2019

2. after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

1. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Cannot print since

2. Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.: Since I have done the latest update I now cannot access outlook.live.com. outlook.live.com refused to connect. It has only occurred on 1 computer, all others are acting normal. Can anyone please help me with this?...
  3. WILL NOT PRINT SINCE UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WILL NOT PRINT SINCE UPDATE: since the latest windows update today, 5 Jan 2020, when I go to print, the system goes to "print to file" orfor PDFs - "save to print folder"? Solution please as I need to print urgently...
  4. Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update

Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update: When I try to print I'm forced to a login screen for something called One Note. I have no idea what this is. I even logged in then got dumped to what looks like a window where I can write things. This happens no matter what program I want to print from....
  5. Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work.: Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-latest-update-of-windows-10-print-preview/8d6cc35a-ece1-4ba2-b726-95c21c84792e
  6. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help: Since updating to the latest version of Win10 the Hello app can no longer access the camera and will not work. The camera app works no problem I have run updates on the drivers, tried all the fixes on the forums but nothing seems to work - any suggestions?...
  7. Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open: Following latest Windows 10 update on Dell Laptop following Sign in the following message is received -System 32 Config system profile Desktop is unavailable - this keeps repeating and computer does not respond to anything other than to shut down....
  8. Can't print since updated to Windows 10

Can't print since updated to Windows 10: I have a canon MF8050cn printer. When I installed it on this laptop it won't print. I went to the canon website to update drivers and I can't get that to work. I have tried combability mode but when I hit test the program nothing happens. I'm not sure what I need to do....
  9. Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update: Help, I actually repair and update other people's PCs and Laptops for a living, but this is doing my head in ! Ever since the latest Windows update, 1803 I believe, I am having multiple problems with this PC. It crashes as a usual BSOD, completely unexpectedly and randomly,...
  10. Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10

Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10: I have a HP Deskjet 1051 J410 and can't print since I updated to Windows 10. I have run the troubleshooter & under Details it says it detects a problem but doesn't say what it is. The printer shows up under Devices & Printers & says it is working properly & has the most...