Windows 10: Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

Discus and support Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a workstation that will not print to an HP M452nw over the network. If I try and print a test page, it errors. If I try and print from notepad,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bryan Parkerson, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

I have a workstation that will not print to an HP M452nw over the network. If I try and print a test page, it errors. If I try and print from notepad, I get an error that says: StartDocPrinter Call was not issued.

I have tried what was suggested in this article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-issued/911e0459-c088-4812-9c38-c970dea06ae0

I've tried using the solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-failure/9af86564-6c97-42ea-9a58-8b6106e596c2

I've tried manually deleting drivers, printers, and ports, in device manager, the registry, print managment, and print server properties in in Devices and Printers in control panel.

I've tried setting the printer up as a TCP/IP device. I've tried using the HP install suite to install it. None of this worked. Restarting the print spooler does nothing.

:)

Bryan Parkerson, Sep 23, 2019
  2. BarbRad1 Win User

My HP LaserJet M452nw printer no longer prints after Windows 10 April 2018 update.

My HP LaserJet M452nw printer no longer prints after Windows 10 April 2018 update. What can I do to make my printer work again?

BarbRad1, Sep 23, 2019
  3. StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below

• What is the KB number of the Windows update installed, prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the HP printer?
    • What are the online diagnostics that you have tried?

In this scenario, we researched on this issue and we suggest you to perform and check the settings as mentioned below.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur
    if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Clean Print Procedure

This is a method to completely reset the print environment so that a printer can be properly added/reinstalled.

1. Press WIN key and R together, then type services.msc
    2. Open Services, find Print Spooler and then right click and select Restart.
    3. Search for Print management(PMC) on your computer (not available on Home SKU) and go to
      Printers.
    4. Select all printers (press Ctrl when selecting), then right click and select
      Cancel all jobs to delete stuck/pending print jobs
    5. Navigate to Printers & scanners in Settings
    6. Remove all third party printers. Select the printer(s) and select
      Remove
    7. If this doesn't work, delete in Registry. To do this:
      1. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers
      2. Delete 3rd party print queue entries from this location. DO NOT delete any of the following Microsoft print queues:
        Fax, Microsoft Print to PDF, Microsoft XPS Documents Writer, OneNote
        & Send To OneNote2016.
    8. Navigate to your computer's settings, select Devices
    and then Printers & scanners

Open print server properties
    (PSP) (can use PMC if available) and select the Drivers
    tab.

10. Select all third-party driver(s) and then Remove
    (select the second option Remove driver and driver package)

• Note: Do not remove any Microsoft print driver.

11. Navigate to 'Add or remove programs'in Settings

12. Find and uninstall all printer related OEM software.

13. Verify that all third party print monitors have been successfully removed by checking the registry. To do this:

1. Navigate to: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitor
      2. Delete 3rd party print monitor entries from this location. DO NOT delete any of the following print monitors:
        • AppMon (released RS1/RS2 timeframe)\
        • Local Port, LPR Port, Microsoft Shared Fax Monitor, Standard TCP/IP Port, USB Monitor & WSD Port

Note: If you delete any print monitors, these changes will only take effect once you reboot (since the spooler service is still on)
    14. Ensure the Print Spooler Service's Startup Type is set to Automatic and then reboot the machine.

After performing these steps, you will need to re-install the printer that the customer was having problems with. As a reminder, any other printers that were previously installed will also need to be re-installed if the customer
    would like to use them.

1. Navigate to the computer's settings and select
      Devices
    2. Open Printers & Scanners and then select
      Add Printer or Scanner to re-add the device.
    3. After the device is re-added, attempt to print the document.

However, you can also perform the below steps and check if that helps to fix the issue.

1. Click Start Menu and type
      CMD
    2. Right click on CMD and click on
      Run as Administrator.

3. Type C:\ and press Enter.
    4. Type CD\Windows\System32\Spool and press
      Enter.
    5. Type Cacls.exe PRINTERS /e /g users:C and press
      Enter. Restart the computer and check.

Also as an additional troubleshoot follow the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix printer problems

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

Printing issue with HP Laser Jet P1005

Hi Friend,

Please try to following trouble shooting Steps:

• Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.

• Save your work. After using these steps, your current print jobs are lost and will need to be printed again.

• Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:

• Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.

• On your keyboard, press Windows key (
        Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued [​IMG]
        ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK.

• Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.

• Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
    Otherwise go to HP Official Website: HP LaserJet P1005 Printer | HP® Customer Support

jacobbenjamin, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

1. Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued - Similar Threads - Cannot print M452nw

2. My 3700 HP printed cannot connect to 5ghz wireless network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 3700 HP printed cannot connect to 5ghz wireless network?: My 3700 HP printed cannot connect to 5ghz wireless network. the internet provider SPECTRUM refused to provide an option to switch to 2.4ghz. i have exhausted all my options, but dont want to throw away the printer. could it work with the cable? thank you....
  3. My 3700 HP printed cannot connect to 5ghz wireless network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 3700 HP printed cannot connect to 5ghz wireless network?: My 3700 HP printed cannot connect to 5ghz wireless network. the internet provider SPECTRUM refused to provide an option to switch to 2.4ghz. i have exhausted all my options, but dont want to throw away the printer. could it work with the cable? thank you....
  4. Fix A StartDocPrinter call was not issued on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix A StartDocPrinter call was not issued on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some HP Printer users are unable to print as when they try to do the same, an error message that says A StartDocPrinter call was not issued pops up. This issue is obviously annoying and requires fixing, that is what, we are going to do in this article. We will be...
  5. "StartDocPrinter Call was not issued" after KB4598242

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "StartDocPrinter Call was not issued" after KB4598242: Last night my PC installed one single update: KB4598242 Today none of my printers work. Tried the printer troubleshooter. Tried reinstalling printers. Tried restarting the spooler. Tried cacls utility on PRINTERS in system32\spool. In the end I finally realized KB4598242...
  6. can not use notepad it say a startdocprinter call not issued

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not use notepad it say a startdocprinter call not issued: can not use note pad it say a startdocprintercall was not issued https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-use-notepad-it-say-a-startdocprinter-call/59f2f1fb-25c2-4699-b7f9-c109f24227c1"
  7. Network printing issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printing issues: Hello all, I have a HP 7500 wireless printer that gives us endless printing issues. The most common are that pages can take an hour to print and that only the first page of a multi page document will print and the rest is ignored. This happens from four Win10 machines...
  8. StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

StartDocPrinter Call was not issued: I have lost printing function on my HP laptop. As Microsoft shows an update added on Aug 14 to version1903, I suspect this is the problem. I have had a technician log in to try and solve this, and have tried the online diagnostics from Microsoft and also HP Print Doctor. I...
  9. Windows 10: a startDocPrinter call was not issued

Windows 10: a startDocPrinter call was not issued: I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever, but I swear it just started happening. My Dell 15R laptop is connected wireless to Asus router and the HP-Envy-7645 AIO...
  10. "a startDocPrinter call was not issued"

in Windows 10 Support
    "a startDocPrinter call was not issued": I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever, but I swear it just started happening. My Dell 15R laptop is connected wireless to Asus router and the HP-Envy-7645 AIO...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP M452nw unable to connect