Windows 10: Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue"

Discus and support Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have done a fair amount of research into this already but cannot find anything that resolves this. When booting into WinRE, Startup repair or Go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajm, May 23, 2018.

1. AJM
    ajm Win User

Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue"

I have done a fair amount of research into this already but cannot find anything that resolves this.

When booting into WinRE, Startup repair or Go back to previous version, I am prompted to choose the account.
    At this point the keyboard and mouse (USB) are unresponsive.
    Both respond in normal mode and in BIOS as there are 2 ports that work in BIOS.

I did have a temporary admin account as part of resolving another issue but have since deleted it and only one account shows.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

:)

2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue" :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 29, 2018
  3. Can't move past account creation in Windows 10 Mail App

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

1. Have you check whether the account is listed in add account section?

2. When you say that "I cannot progress past the Add Accounts screen", are you struck on Add account screen or what exactly are you referring to?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the account is listed in the account list.

1. Open Mail app.

2. Click on Settings or gear symbol on the bottom left corner of the screen.

3. Then click on Accounts.

4. Check if you are able to see the accounts listed. If the account are in the list, then click on it and then click on Delete Account.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue"

1. Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue" - Similar Threads - Cannot proceed past

2. About " Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About " Choose an account to continue": My desktop got blue screen so I try everything to make it normal, when I reset it always got about 20%-30% and failed, using safe mode can't make it better also because always got "dignosing your PC" . So after all that I try to use command prompt but I can't enter my...
  3. About " Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Customization
    About " Choose an account to continue": My desktop got blue screen so I try everything to make it normal, when I reset it always got about 20%-30% and failed, using safe mode can't make it better also because always got "dignosing your PC" . So after all that I try to use command prompt but I can't enter my...
  4. About " Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck at "choose account to continue" after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at "choose account to continue" after bluescreen: Hello,I got a bluescreen after restarting to install an update, and tryed to boot into safe mode. After booting into safe mode i couldnt log in , because of an error which says that my PIN isn't available so i clicked on the restart Button while holding Shift. Then i tried to...
  6. Stuck at "choose account to continue" after bluescreen

Stuck at "choose account to continue" after bluescreen: Hello,I got a bluescreen after restarting to install an update, and tryed to boot into safe mode. After booting into safe mode i couldnt log in , because of an error which says that my PIN isn't available so i clicked on the restart Button while holding Shift. Then i tried to...
  7. Choose an account to continue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an account to continue: When I try to do anything from the blue troubleshoot menu idk what it's called it asks me to sign in but whatever password I try or reset it still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?...
  8. Choose an account to continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose an account to continue: When I try to do anything from the blue troubleshoot menu idk what it's called it asks me to sign in but whatever password I try or reset it still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?...
  9. Choose an account to continue

10. Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot proceed past windows login screen.: submitted by /u/boredboi92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7iff4/cannot_proceed_past_windows_login_screen/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose and account to continue admistrator0

2. choose an account to continue