Windows 10: Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

Discus and support Cannot proceed past windows login screen. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/boredboi92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7iff4/cannot_proceed_past_windows_login_screen/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boredboi92, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

/u/boredboi92, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 7, 2019
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Dec 7, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

1. Cannot proceed past windows login screen. - Similar Threads - Cannot proceed past

2. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  3. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  4. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  7. I cannot access the login screen on Windows 10. How to proceed now?

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot access the login screen on Windows 10. How to proceed now?: Hello guys, For a long time I cannot access the login screen and now I decided to do something about it. So, I can start the PC and I see the background image, time and date which WIndows 10 provides. You have to click a key or left click on your mouse to get to the login...
  8. How to get past windows login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get past windows login screen?: father in law set up login but doesn't know password so it keeps coming up with windows screen but cannot get past the password screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-past-windows-login-screen/81b31037-4659-440e-bc99-679300c8e398
  9. Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot proceed past "Choose an account to continue": I have done a fair amount of research into this already but cannot find anything that resolves this. When booting into WinRE, Startup repair or Go back to previous version, I am prompted to choose the account. At this point the keyboard and mouse (USB) are unresponsive. Both...
  10. Re: I cannot get past windows login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re: I cannot get past windows login screen: When the login screen appears it also says I forgot password. I have tried to retrieve my password but that doesn't work. Eventually I got a black screen with the windows symbol date time etc at the bottom but unable to click on any of them. At the side of the...