Windows 10: cannot pull up hidden task bar in desktop mode, but can in tablet mode.

Discus and support cannot pull up hidden task bar in desktop mode, but can in tablet mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot pull up the hidden task bar in the desktop mode on my windows touch screen, but it works perfect in the tablet mode. . . Personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottMalkin, Jun 16, 2020.

1. cannot pull up hidden task bar in desktop mode, but can in tablet mode.

I cannot pull up the hidden task bar in the desktop mode on my windows touch screen, but it works perfect in the tablet mode.

. Personal opinion: I don't like the tablet mode. I have always hated live tiles. There is a reason Windows 8 died. Shoving those miserable tiles down my throat, and not letting me use icons has always had a resentment factor for me. I don't want to put tiles in groups. I enjoy putting things on MY desktop wherever on the screen I want. I don't want everything in the middle of the screen in groups where I only have limited placement options. My desktop, My way. I resent being told that tiles/icons need to be in groups and blocks. I also don't like having to swipe three and four times to close an app only to have it "bounce" back to full screen. I have fat fingers, and Icons still work perfect for me. So does the "X" to close the program. Please let the failed Windows 8 DIE. For those few that like live tiles....sorry. I wish there was an option to use live tiles or not. Most of my contemporaries feel the same way. I also want my start menu in a list. No more live tiles. If I could make them very small and put them wherever I want, I might feel different.

. This goes on and on, and has nothing to with the subject except to explain why I don't want to ever be in the tablet mode. I hide the task bar 1. to get more real estate on the screen 2. If I'm not using it, I don't want to see it. I cannot pull it back up in the desktop mode without snapping the keyboard back onto the screen and using the touch pad. Yet... it works in the tablet mode. Is anyone working on fixing this obvious problem?

:)

ScottMalkin, Jun 16, 2020

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 16, 2020
  3. After windows update desktop stuck on tablet mode.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did the issue started after installing any Particular Windows Update? If yes, please provide the KB number of the Windows Update?
    To find the KB number of the Windows update
    please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

I would suggest you to try changing the mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to change the mode:

• On the bottom right of the task bar click on
      open Notification Center

• From the notification menu, if Tablet mode is highlighted click on the
      Tablet mode.

• This will help it to get back to Desktop mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

cannot pull up hidden task bar in desktop mode, but can in tablet mode.

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

cannot pull up hidden task bar in desktop mode, but can in tablet mode.

1. cannot pull up hidden task bar in desktop mode, but can in tablet mode. - Similar Threads - cannot pull hidden

2. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  3. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  4. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  5. hide search bar tablet mode

in Cortana
    hide search bar tablet mode: Hi all, We are using tablets and we need to hide the Search bar in desktop and tablet mode. I know how to hide the "search bar" in desktop mode. "CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\SearchboxTaskbarmode = 0. But, I can not find a method on how...
  6. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  7. Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.: I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start up menu and items showing that i had saved to desktop. I figured out how to get taskbar items back....
  8. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  9. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...
  10. Access desktop in Tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Access desktop in Tablet mode?: I am upgrading from 8 on a PC I used as a media center. The metro start screen was great for using on a TV. In Windows 10 however it seems the only way to have this be the default boot screen is to enable "Tablet Mode". I am fine with this however when in Tablet Mode it seems...