Windows 10: Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account

Discus and support Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been trying to purchase a new Surface Pro 6 for the last few days and every time I try to checkout with my Dell Preferred Account it says the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MichaelBrandt3, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account

I have been trying to purchase a new Surface Pro 6 for the last few days and every time I try to checkout with my Dell Preferred Account it says the payment cannot be processed. I have spoke with Microsoft Tech support and Dell and they cannot not tell me why I the error is occurring. All Microsoft could suggest was to go to a actual Microsoft Store which I don't have access to in the area I live.

I add a payment option when trying to purchase the tablet by selecting 'Dell Preferred Account'. I provide my last name, zip code and last 4 digits of my SSN. It seems like the information I provide works because my method of payment says I am using my Dell Preferred Account. When I choose to finalize my purchase I get a yellow banner at the top of the web browser stating Microsoft cannot process payment with some error code.

Searched the internet to try a few fixes and still not able to purchase with my account. My account is all setup through Dell Financial Services, but have not received an actual card in the mail as of yet since I opened the account 5 days ago. Dell support says I should not be having any issues with my account, but like I said neither Microsoft or Dell can tell me why I cannot not finalize my purchase.

I am done trying to troubleshoot this issue and it will keep me from purchasing this product from Microsoft - what a crock! Why can't I speak with someone about purchasing this product over the phone, but I guess that is not possible either.

I guess I will just purchase a Dell laptop instead of a Surface Pro 6. Such frustration with something that should be so simple. I don't think I want to use the Microsoft Store to purchase anything after this disappointing experience.

Mike...

:)

MichaelBrandt3, Dec 20, 2018
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Surface Pro 6 DAW compatability

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Surface Pro 6 is configured with high specifications. However, I would suggest you to get in contact with the

Microsoft Store sales team
    as they would be the right team to provide you the information regarding Digital Audio Workstations like Reaper and FL Studio.

On the bottom right hand side of the webpage, please click on “Questions? Talk to an expert” option to get an agent.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account

1. Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account - Similar Threads - Cannot purcahse Surface

2. microsoft surface pro 6 spamming “qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiq i”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft surface pro 6 spamming “qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiq i”: my surface pro 6 is about 3-4 years old, and i left it on for a while and came back, woke it up, and it kept spamming qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqi. Ocasionally will stop if i hold down another key for a whike after i release but starts scrolling up and spamming qiqiqiqiqiqqi after. I...
  3. microsoft surface pro 6 spamming “qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiq i”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft surface pro 6 spamming “qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiq i”: my surface pro 6 is about 3-4 years old, and i left it on for a while and came back, woke it up, and it kept spamming qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqi. Ocasionally will stop if i hold down another key for a whike after i release but starts scrolling up and spamming qiqiqiqiqiqqi after. I...
  4. microsoft surface pro 6 spamming “qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiq i”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 will not print color

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 will not print color: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I bought it in Dec. I also have an HP 5540 All-in-One printer. The printer prints color from all 3 of my phones, tablets, and husband's macbook henceforth, crapbook. I bought the Surface, because I HATE apple. You don't understand. I HATE...
  7. Microsoft Surface pro 6 boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface pro 6 boot failure: I have a MS Surface pro 6 1796 . I got error 0xc0000185 and blue screen I have created a boot recovery disc on my mac, and it gets me up and running but i cannot get the machine to start in safe mode none of the menu's i see match what is online and I cannot get to safe...
  8. Surface Pro 6 - Camera is being used

Surface Pro 6 - Camera is being used: After a few months of using the new Surface Pro 6, I've noticed that my front-facing camera would occasionally turn on and being used (indicated by the red and white lights). I am not running any applications that would use the camera. It does go away when I restart it but it...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is getting restart: Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is not allowing me to do any job on it and shuts down once any application is opened. What is the solution for the issue??...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. purchasing a surface pro online from microsoft using dell preferred account

2. cant add dell preferred account microsoft

3. problem with purchasing a surface with Dell preferred

4. using dell preferred account on microsoft purchase,
  5. Cannot purcahse a Surface Pro 6 through Microsoft Store using Dell Preferred Account