Windows 10: cannot put check in box to add color to taskbar

Discus and support cannot put check in box to add color to taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Taskbar color suddenly turned white which is a distraction. Tried to change background color but SETTINGS would not allow me to check box to color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dom DiDia, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Dom DiDia Win User

cannot put check in box to add color to taskbar

Taskbar color suddenly turned white which is a distraction. Tried to change background color but SETTINGS would not allow me to check box to color taskbar

:)

Dom DiDia, Nov 23, 2020

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key and
      select settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Click on colors.

• Turn off Show color on start, taskbar and action center.

• And check if it helps.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. cannot put check in box to add color to taskbar - Similar Threads - cannot put check

2. Cannot change taskbar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change taskbar color: I selected "Light" for the top "Colors" option but want to change the taskbar to black. However, the "Start, taskbar, and action center" checkbox is greyed out. How to I enable the "Start, taskbar, and action center" checkbox? Thank you....
  3. Cannot Change Color of Taskbar in Windows 10

Cannot Change Color of Taskbar in Windows 10: Just got update from MS. Now have a very ugly grayish/cream color taskbar that looks very rectangular; sort of like a refugee from Windows 95 days. So I attempted to change the taskbar's color. I went to settings and to colors. Unfortunately, the only choice available is to...
  4. Taskbar Color

Taskbar Color: Some how I have gotten my taskbar color to be white and I want it to be black. How do I fix that? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-color/82f6fd8d-6098-4632-a2c8-114e8d4d0942
  5. cannot change color on taskbar windows 10

cannot change color on taskbar windows 10: The box for changing taskbar color is greyed out, I cannot tick it. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-on-taskbar-windows-10/59ef1e71-2109-45bd-bc0a-810f1a0e3976
  6. Cannot change color of Windows Taskbar

Cannot change color of Windows Taskbar: This is going to sound strange, but something happened that messed up my taskbar color settings. I don't remember touching anything I shouldn't have, but when I went into my personalization settings to enable automatic change of my taskbar colors, my taskbar suddenly looked...
  7. Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet?

Was the Windows 10 taskbar on top check box added yet?: Hello, It would seem that in response to issues/posts like this ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop-winpc/how-to-keep-windows-10-taskbar-on-top-all-windows/001c9927-83a0-42eb-a9f8-6b8e6a94a13f ) Microsoft has fixed this "bug" and the task...
  8. Cannot add color to two separate browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add color to two separate browsers: I'm certain that this is somewhat a trivial issue, but since I switch from IE to Edge a lot I would like color on both browsers. Right now, it's just on IE. I closed out IE and opened up Edge, went to settings, and did the whole process from the beginning. What I ended up...
  9. Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?: Is there a way to have the search box show on the taskbar when the taskbar has been relocated to the top of the screen? All I can seem to figure out is how to have an icon for search instead of the box actually in the taskbar. 12620
  10. Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Item check boxes to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use check boxes to make selecting multiple items in any order easier to do in File Explorer and on your desktop in Windows....