Windows 10: Cannot Quickprint a pdf file in Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Quickprint a pdf file in Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am having problems with 'Quick printing' a pdf file received in an email in Outlook. Every time I select Quick print I get asked which program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LynneFrew, Feb 14, 2019.

1. LynneFrew Win User

Cannot Quickprint a pdf file in Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi

I am having problems with 'Quick printing' a pdf file received in an email in Outlook. Every time I select Quick print I get asked which program I would like to open the file with. I select Adobe Acrobat Reader and tick the box 'Always use this app to open pdf files'. This opens the file in Adobe and then I have to click print from there. However, even though I have checked this box I get asked it again and again.

I have checked my settings and Adobe Acrobat Reader is assigned to open pdf files. My printer settings in Outlook have the box ticked to print attachments. I don't know what else to try.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 1809.

Please help

Regards

Lynne

:)

LynneFrew, Feb 14, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Quickprint a pdf file in Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Quickprint pdf

2. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  3. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  4. after upgrading to windows 11 .pst file in outlook is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after upgrading to windows 11 .pst file in outlook is gone: hi,after i upgraded win 10 to win 11, my pst files disappeared... using microsoft outlookthey are nowhere on the computer, neither in windows.old, nor in app data...i also did a search for pst files and also didn't find them, please help!I have my account configure via POP...
  5. after upgrading to windows 11 .pst file in outlook is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after upgrading to windows 11 .pst file in outlook is gone: hi,after i upgraded win 10 to win 11, my pst files disappeared... using microsoft outlookthey are nowhere on the computer, neither in windows.old, nor in app data...i also did a search for pst files and also didn't find them, please help!I have my account configure via POP...
  6. Encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10: How do you encrypt pdf files or outlook emails with pdf attachment using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/encrypt-pdf-files-or-outlook-emails-with-pdf/e8a38794-be38-490f-b7a0-ca462645a9d9
  7. Cannot append to pdf files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot append to pdf files: Since installing the latest Windows 10 update I am unable to 'print' to an existing pdf file by choosing the 'append' option. This fails in Win2pdf and in Microsoft Print to PDF. 110014
  8. MS Outlook Issues after Windows 10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook Issues after Windows 10 upgrade: I have a clean install of Windows 10 and Office Pro 2013. Initially I could not send any emails from Outlook. I resolved this by running SFC /scannow. However, I am getting constant sync errors and a blue circle when using Outlook with IMAP. The 2 accounts I have added are my...
  9. Cannot Open PDF Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open PDF Files: I am unable to open PDF files that are sent to be via e.mail. This is frustrating as they are important documents that I need. Can anyone help me please. Thank you in advance. 65794
  10. Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10: Hiya....I mounted my windows 10 ISO file with Magic Disk to upgrade only to find out that Windows 10 does not support Magic Disk. I uninstalled the drive it was using in device manager but still does not allow me to delete it. Everytime I reboot the ISO shows as mounted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why isnt quickprint working for outlook?

2. why doesnt quickprint in outlook work?

3. outlook quickprint pdf

4. im not able to quick print from outlook widows 10 app amymore,
  5. out look not sllowimg quickprint printer status is not available,
  6. quick print pdf doesnt work,
  7. outlook quick print pdf not working,
  8. make quickprint to pdf,
  9. how to quick print pdf files in outlook,
  10. QUICK PRINT FOR WIN 10,
  11. edge outlook pdf quick print,
  12. windows 10 quick print not working,
  13. how to quick print pdf file in outlook,
  14. quick print not working outlook 365,