Windows 10: Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset.

Discus and support Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a hyperX surround sound headset. Its through USB because that's how to connect it to PC. in discord calls people say I'm quiet, so I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tylerconhiser, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset.

I have a hyperX surround sound headset. Its through USB because that's how to connect it to PC. in discord calls people say I'm quiet, so I went into sounds to raise the levels of my input and its stuck on 0 and wont move when I slide it. I have no idea why, but it would be a huge help if someone could help me.

:)

tylerconhiser, Aug 29, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset

HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, solidifies its commitment to creating quality gaming gear for everyone with the release of the HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset. Designed to make even the most casual gamer feel like a pro, the HyperX Cloud Stinger features HyperX signature memory foam and 50mm directional drivers to deliver a comfortable, high-quality sound experience at an affordable price.

HyperX Cloud Stinger weighs just 275 grams and is built with 90-degree rotating ear cups to provide hours of comfort for console and PC gaming. The lightweight headset includes 50 mm directional drivers that are tilted to position sound directly into the ear, resulting in a broader and more accurate in-game sound. HyperX Cloud Stinger also offers a convenient set of features for gameplay, including a swivel to mute the microphone, an adjustable steel slider for long lasting durability, and volume controls on the headset.

Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset. 6a_thm.jpg

"Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more."

With optimal audio performance and sound quality, the HyperX Cloud Stinger ensures crisp and clear audio to help gamers quickly locate rivals for gameplay advantage across platforms. HyperX Cloud Stinger has multi-platform compatibility out-of-the-box with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U and mobile devices.

"HyperX makes some truly great headsets, so when I tried out HyperX Cloud Stinger, I didn't expect anything less," said Gordon Hayward, professional NBA basketball player and avid gamer. "The sound quality is great. Whether traveling during the season, watching others battling it out online, or playing at home, HyperX Cloud Stinger is an all-star headset in its price class."

HyperX Cloud Stinger Key Features:
    • Lightweight Design - Minimal weight for enhanced comfort
    • Audio Precision - Optimal audio performance and sound quality
    • Adjustable Steel Slider - Long lasting durability and stability; high-quality build
    • Intuitive Volume Control - Easily accessible volume slider to adjust audio on the headset
    • Noise-Cancellation Microphone - Clear voice quality; conveniently flip the microphone to mute
    • Multi-Platform Compatibility - Enjoy comfort and enhanced audio experience on PC or console; plug into a mobile device2 and wear the headset on the go
    Additional HyperX Cloud Stinger Specifications:

Headphones
    • Driver: Dynamic, 50 mm with neodymium magnets
    • Type: Circumaural; closed back
    • Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
    • Impedance: 30 Ω
    • Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
    • T.H.D: ≦ 2%
    • Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
    • Weight: 275g
    • Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
    • Connection: Headset - 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
    Microphone
    • Element: Electret condenser microphone
    • Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
    • Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
    • Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)

btarunr, Aug 29, 2019
  3. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset.

HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the Microphone is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you facing the issue only with Discord application?
    2. Have you tried using any other headset/microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try disabling NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit enter.
    3. Now expand the Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and click on
      Disable.

Method 2;

Update the firmware for HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset, you can download the firmware from the official

website of HyperX

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset.

1. Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset. - Similar Threads - Cannot raise volume

2. How do I raise my microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I raise my microphone volume?: I use a wired headset with a microphone built into it and whenever I try to record my voice, the audio from the microphone is very low or none at all. I tried everything I could, including raising recording volume from the control panel, but now it won't pick up audio from my...
  3. How do I raise my microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I raise my microphone volume?: I use a wired headset with a microphone built into it and whenever I try to record my voice, the audio from the microphone is very low or none at all. I tried everything I could, including raising recording volume from the control panel, but now it won't pick up audio from my...
  4. My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.: I have been trying to troubleshoot my headset mic for a while now and nothing is working. The main issue is that my laptop Windows 11 isn't detecting my headset mic, it keeps detecting "Microphone Array" which is the microphone on my laptop not my headset. How I know is by...
  5. My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.

My HyperX Cloud Stinger headset mic or headset in general isn't being detected.: I have been trying to troubleshoot my headset mic for a while now and nothing is working. The main issue is that my laptop Windows 11 isn't detecting my headset mic, it keeps detecting "Microphone Array" which is the microphone on my laptop not my headset. How I know is by...
  6. Uneven volume on my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uneven volume on my headset: I am using the microphone to record. The problem is that my headphone is too loud for my USB mic. I'm using this one before without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uneven-volume-on-my-headset/c9eca87e-7e04-4ec3-bcc8-be6b9c48c3f6
  7. Uneven volume on my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uneven volume on my headset: I am using the microphone to record. The problem is that my headphone is too loud for my USB mic. I'm using this one before without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uneven-volume-on-my-headset/c9eca87e-7e04-4ec3-bcc8-be6b9c48c3f6
  8. Uneven volume on my headset

9. Raising Video Game Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raising Video Game Volume: I use Nvidia Shadowplay in order to record small clips in the heat of the moment (funny or epic moments) and I've noticed my mic volume is super loud even on the 1% option inside of the Nvidia Shadowplay audio capture section. I've been thinking about lowering my actual mic...
  10. How to raise microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to raise microphone volume?: I am in trouble. I’ve bought a really expensive PC - Astro A40 with a mixamp and connected it to Mod Mic 5 but the volume is so low that I talk louder. I did a lot of troubleshooting actions like updating drivers, disabling other apps that take over the mike. And I really...