Windows 10: Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11

Discus and support Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a small peer-to-peer network consisting of a few Windows desktop, a Macbook, and a few iOS devices. Prior to upgrading my Windows 10 box to 11 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GBro-44, Sep 20, 2022.

1. GBro-44 Win User

Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11

I have a small peer-to-peer network consisting of a few Windows desktop, a Macbook, and a few iOS devices. Prior to upgrading my Windows 10 box to 11 I was able to browse to shares on my Windows box thru SMBv1 from my Apple devices. I could also RDP into my Windows machines from the Apple devices. As of the upgrade to Windows 11 I can no longer get to that machines resources.RDP is allowed, file and print sharing is enabled, all networking related services I can think Function Discovery Provider Host, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, UPnP Device Host are enabled set

:)

GBro-44, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Billzden Win User

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

I have the following setup:

2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway.

win7-box: 192.168.0.38
    win10-box1: 192.168.0.211
    win10-box2: 192.168.0.24

I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm using as the main machine, through RDP to the other 2 win10 machines.

The connection to 192.168.0.211 runs smoothly but when I connect to 192.168.0.24, the connection gets interrupted after 30-60 seconds and I get the "This computer can't connect to the remote computer" error:

Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11 [​IMG]

While ping 192.168.0.24 -t from 192.168.0.38 was running I got this:

Even if after the The connection has been lost error that corresponds to the Request timed out ping error - the connection seems to be restored (as ping is up again), if I try to RDP again I get the "Destination host unreachable" error.

Now I cannot RDP to 192.168.0.24 anymore until I manually log into this host by physically using its keyboard.

I also did a ping 192.168.0.1 -t on 192.168.0.24 and noticed the General Failure error that corresponds to the Request timed out from the win7-box

enter image description here

I also noticed that I get the General Failure error intermittently, even if don't try a RDP connection on this win10-box2 machine.

What I did:

I tried a Network Reset from the Network&Internet settings:

• Tried switching the cable itself and the cable port on the router
    • Tried using a different static ip, other than 192.168.0.24
    • Tried using the wireless connection to the same router and noticed that even if do get some isolated Request timed out error when continuously pinging win10-box's ip, no issues are found and RDP connection is stable.

I assume this has to be something wrong in my current win10-box2 configuration as the router seems to be working fine on other devices.

The network configuration on win10-box2 is as follows:

The question would be - what else should I try/check in order to solve this issue?

Billzden, Sep 20, 2022
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Billzden Win User

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

Sam,

1. Even without issuing the ping -t command I will experience a RDP drop and network bottleneck
    2. RDP clients are the same version
    3. No firewall setup
    4. All connecting with the same cables from similar ports

winbox1 has full duplexTrue
    winbox2 does not have duplex True

Pretty sure it's something with the network setup, I might reinstall the OS

Billzden, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot RDP connect

2. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  3. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  4. Win 11 connecting to network shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 connecting to network shared printer: Trying to add a network shared printer to a Win 11 home laptop. The printer is connected via usb on a Win 10 pro pc & is shared & accessible to the homegroup network. The Win 11 laptop gives a 0x00000709 error when I try to connect through file explorer. The laptop can access...
  5. Win 11 connecting to network shared printer

Win 11 connecting to network shared printer: Trying to add a network shared printer to a Win 11 home laptop. The printer is connected via usb on a Win 10 pro pc & is shared & accessible to the homegroup network. The Win 11 laptop gives a 0x00000709 error when I try to connect through file explorer. The laptop can access...
  6. Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11

Cannot RDP or connect to network shares since upgrade to Win 11: I have a small peer-to-peer network consisting of a few Windows desktop, a Macbook, and a few iOS devices. Prior to upgrading my Windows 10 box to 11 I was able to browse to shares on my Windows box thru SMBv1 from my Apple devices. I could also RDP into my Windows machines...
  7. Win 11 sharing on ethernet network

Win 11 sharing on ethernet network: How do I get my win 11 pc to see my win 10 pc on ethernet LAN. I can use the printer and access the files on the win 11 pc. The advanced sharing settings are the same. The only security is microsoft's, My sign in is the same on both machinesModerator's Note: This should be in...
  8. Win 11 sharing on ethernet network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 sharing on ethernet network: How do I get my win 11 pc to see my win 10 pc on ethernet LAN. I can use the printer and access the files on the win 11 pc. The advanced sharing settings are the same. The only security is microsoft's, My sign in is the same on both machinesModerator's Note: This should be in...
  9. Cannot connect to network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to network shares: I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by all networked computers. Some shares cannot be accessed by any networked computer. When pointing to the share, the following...
  10. HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading: Update Aug 15th: The network issues have been resolved by modifying SMB2 settings in the registry, as per my posts on page 2. Now, just a persistent HomeGroup error remains. ------------ Ok, first off, a quick run-down on my setup - the "core" of my network consists of a...