Windows 10: Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop

Discus and support Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Just messing about before "Boxing Day" dinner -- at least not cooking it today !!!! just eating / drinking /pub later for UK Footie. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Dec 27, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop

Hi folks

Just messing about before "Boxing Day" dinner -- at least not cooking it today !!!! just eating / drinking /pub later for UK Footie.

No probs whatsoever with connecting to Windows desktops (whether via VM or real) FROM a LINUX machine

Cannot get Windows to show Linux GUI -- no probs in command line via SSH etc terminal works perfectly

Here's two Windows VM's running on different Host machines (Linux Hosts) == no prob displaying remote one on the Host as well as the local QEMU/KVM Windows VM -- so physical connections are one on KVM /QEMU on local host and the other displayed on this same host but running on a different physical machine using VMWare workstation.

Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop [​IMG]

No probs either with sound from either machine (Windows) on the Linux Host

Just cannot get Linux GUI from Windows -- tried vnc etc --just won't work -- command line is fine though and I can run the odd windowed program --just can't get the gui desktop.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 27, 2019
  2. ehansen42 Win User

RDP client (not VNC) For WM6 PPC?

I've seen there's a VNC client for PPC, but what I'm really after is an RDP client. Does one exist? I'm running WM 6 PPC on a T-Mobile Wing.

thanks,

Eric

ehansen42, Dec 27, 2019
  3. VNC Server to Share Single Window?

I need to share a window on my Windows 10 PC via VNC (to an Android device). UltraVNC says it can share a single window, but I can't get their VNC server to do this, only the entire Desktop.

Any suggestions for VNC servers that can share a single window?

[Reference to Android removed as not significant, and seemed to confuse]

nigelmercier, Dec 27, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

VMware Expands its View, Brings Windows Virtual Desktop to Kindle Fire, Mac and Linux

VMware, Inc., the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the availability of new VMware View Clients for Kindle Fire, Mac and Linux, along with updates to its popular VMware View Clients for Android and iPad. Available today as technology previews, the new VMware View Clients for Mac and Linux allow IT organizations to empower more agile, productive and connected workforce or school communities by enabling an easy to access, high fidelity desktop virtualization experience optimized for the device of their choice.

"More and more people want the freedom to choose the device that best fits their computing needs in school and into the workplace," said Pat Lee, director, end user clients, VMware. "With the new VMware View Clients, both IT and end users win with a complete, secure and easily-accessible virtual desktop on the devices that best meet their needs."

Supporting Device Diversity:
    While the proliferation of new devices is prevalent across all industries today, the education sector is at the forefront of this trend with labs supporting both Mac and Windows desktops as well as students bringing in their own tablets, laptops and PCs that are based on OS X, Windows and other platforms. The introduction of the new VMware View™ Clients for Mac and Linux will allow campus IT organizations to better support these end users and ensure that students have readily-available access to their applications and a consistent learning experience across devices.

"Fifty one-percent of our faculty computers are Macs and just over twenty nine-percent of our student population uses Macs," said Steve Swartz, chief information officer and AVP of Technology at Fitchburg State University. "Having a Mac client running PCoIP is critical to our ability to extend VDI to these users."

"We're very excited about this release," added Dale A. Starr, junior associate director, Technology Support & Service, Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts – Amherst. "We've recently started deploying Mac computers in a managed configuration. One of the sticking points that users are commonly running into is software that only runs on Windows. It will be a great benefit to have the PCoIP client for Mac."

VMware View – Simplifying Today's Desktop:
    VMware View is a complete, virtual desktop solution that enables enterprises to improve security and lower operating costs, while simplifying desktop administration and management by establishing a modern, end-user computing architecture. The result is a more flexible, centrally hosted computing model that provides IT with greater control and end users with freedom to access to their desktop across the broadest set of devices.

The new VMware View Clients deliver:
    • Rich Desktop Experience with PCoIP – The new VMware View clients for Mac and Linux bring users the rich desktop VMware View experience to Mac and Linux users. VMware View clients with PCoIP provide end-users with top performance regardless of network conditions.
    • Optimized for Mac OS X Lion – Designed from the ground up for the Mac and with support for Lion Full Screen mode, Mac users can seamless switch between their Mac apps and their View virtual desktop with a swipe on the trackpad.
    • Simple Connectivity – The VMware View clients for Mac and Linux are tightly integrated with the VMware View 4.6 and 5.0 for simple setup and connectivity. Quickly reconnect to your desktop in a few simple steps.
    • Available in Ubuntu Software Center – VMware View client for Linux is available in the Ubuntu Software Center, making it easy for desktop Linux users to install the VMware View client and access their virtual desktops.
    • Available in Amazon Appstore for Android for the Amazon Kindle Fire – VMware View client for Android is now available in the Amazon Appstore for Android, making it easy for Amazon Kindle Fire users to install the VMware View client and access their virtual desktops.

btarunr, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot RDP VNC

2. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View: I've just set up my Tablet view in Windows 10 in preparation for Windows 11 upgrade. However, I'm still used to the Classic Desktop view and have a few items still linked to it that I would like to access. Without changing the settings for Tablet and restarting; has anyone...
  3. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View: I've just set up my Tablet view in Windows 10 in preparation for Windows 11 upgrade. However, I'm still used to the Classic Desktop view and have a few items still linked to it that I would like to access. Without changing the settings for Tablet and restarting; has anyone...
  4. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  6. Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does HyperV have anything like VNC that can be accessed from a Linux client with Linux...: This might be a little hard to explain, but I am wanting to open a connection to a HyperV vm that wont be interrupted by reboots, however it needs to be able to be accessed by a Linux client and has to run with a Linux vm. I can open an rdp session to the Windows server just...
  7. cannot use real VNC viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot use real VNC viewer: It happened after the windows 10 update, currently I cannot use real VNC viewer. I used Device manager to add network adapter but with no effect. Microsoft KM-TEST loopback adapter....
  8. RDP from Windows to Linux - no Windows software needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP from Windows to Linux - no Windows software needed: Hi there I know people on these boards often run things like Linux / NAS Linux boxes. RDP from Windows is a very convenient way of accessing it -- here's how to access a typical LINUX box from Windows just using Windows RDP --- works fine although depending on your...
  9. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....
  10. RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed

RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed: Hi folks I know a load of you have things line NAS servers etc on Linux boxes -- and running them headless is the usual way. It's simple though to control them from your Windows computers --works fine in W10 too. 1) On the Linux side install XRDP (usually comes in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ce 6 rdp windows 10 1909