Windows 10: Cannot RDT to VM on same PC

Discus and support Cannot RDT to VM on same PC in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Hyper-V VM running on my Windows 10 1903 18362.329 Desktop. Was working fine 5 or so days ago. Just tried to RDT to it and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Ztruker, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Cannot RDT to VM on same PC

I have a Windows 10 Hyper-V VM running on my Windows 10 1903 18362.329 Desktop. Was working fine 5 or so days ago. Just tried to RDT to it and am getting the following error:

Cannot RDT to VM on same PC [​IMG]

Checked Windows Update and I had two updates on the 30th and one on the 29th.

Cannot RDT to VM on same PC [​IMG]

I'm going to roll them back one at a time and see if that resolves the problem. Will post results here.

:)

Ztruker, Sep 6, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Cannot RDT to VM on same PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot RDT to VM on same PC

1. Cannot RDT to VM on same PC - Similar Threads - Cannot RDT same

2. Repurpose Windows licence on VM same machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Repurpose Windows licence on VM same machine: I have a PC with a Windows 10 licence that I am planning to rebuild from bare metal with Proxmox VE. One of the VM's I would like to create is the Windows one that I removed to make way for Proxmox. I have a feeling I know the answer to this, but will my existing product key...
  3. Repurpose Windows licence on VM same machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repurpose Windows licence on VM same machine: I have a PC with a Windows 10 licence that I am planning to rebuild from bare metal with Proxmox VE. One of the VM's I would like to create is the Windows one that I removed to make way for Proxmox. I have a feeling I know the answer to this, but will my existing product key...
  4. Repurpose Windows licence on VM same machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not use RDT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not use RDT: Trying to work from home. Have a desktop using win10 pro. I have my laptop in another room and wanting to rdt. I can log into my desktop with no problems while setting in front of it. When trying rdt into it the login screen comes up. I try to login just as always. The user...
  6. Get Hyper-V or RDT to remember size and location of VM window

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Get Hyper-V or RDT to remember size and location of VM window: Every time i use RDT to connect to a Hyper-V VM, it connects at this size and location: [img] I then resize and re-position the window to this: [img] How do I get RDT or Hyper-v or Win 10 to remember the size and location so I don't have to do this every time I...
  7. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  8. VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VM networking NAT cannot connect to Bridged networking PC's: Hi there. one W10 VM is connected to LAN via NAT, other 4 via Bridged -- to SAME LAN. the NAT networked computer can see the others but can't access shared files. Changing to Bridged -- works OK. Was trying NAT as Bridged uses individual number of IP addresses -...
  9. Auto Booting Windows via RDT

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Booting Windows via RDT: Hi, I have an exe I'd like to run all the time. I've noticed the occasional reboot (caused by Windows updates?) which means I have to manually restart the program. So checked how to autostart it, but found it only works AFTER I've logged in via RTP. Can I get Windows to...
  10. Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Dual-Boot Windows 10 On Same PC With Same Key: I have a working PC and has an app (Autodesk Revit Architecture) already running good. However, I would prefer to have it running 'only' on an OS. Called Microsoft support to know if I can dual-boot Windows 10 on the same PC with the same key; I was told "No" I cannot use the...