Windows 10: Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David Baker Effendi, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page I'm greeted with error code 0x80072EE2.

Solutions tried:

• I've read the FAQs and tried to use Settings>Activation>Troubleshoot>"I recently changed hardware on this device". I select my PC and say "I'm using this device at the moment" but I'm met with "Unable to activate Windows".
    • I still have my license key so I attempted to "Change Product Key" and I was met with another error. (0x803FA067)

I am still logged into my Microsoft account on this PC. Is there anything else besides doing a re-installation of Windows to fix my issue?

:)

David Baker Effendi, Jul 21, 2019

2. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Jul 21, 2019
  3. red454 Win User
    Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Kolby65 Win User

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

1. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Cannot activate hardware

2. Activation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  3. Changed to new Hardware, cannot re-activate windows

Changed to new Hardware, cannot re-activate windows: Hello, I have a system that has Windows 10 Pro installed, I recently had to change out the Motherboard/CPU cause they stopped working. My hard drive was still intact, but because I changed out these major hardware components it thinks I am on a new system. Far as I know,...
  4. How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?

How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?: Hi, I have a (legit) copy of Windows 10 and I've just upgraded my PC's motherboard and GPU. Windows is telling me that I need to activate again my license. When I choose the "I've recently upgrade my hardware" option, I'm redirected to the Windows store to buy a new copy of...
  5. Re-activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after hardware change: Hello, so I upgraded my hardware in my PC and the first time I started it up no issues. Day after Windows are asking to be activated. So I go through the activation trouble shooter and in the end it tells it can not be activated at the time. My windows 10 are free...
  6. Re-activating Windows after Hardware Change

Re-activating Windows after Hardware Change: I have a genuine copy of Windows 10 Professional-forced upgrade from Genuine (and paid for) Windows 7 Professional. This was checked using slmgr /xpr. There is no product key but a digital license through a linked account. I have upgraded my hardware by replacing the...
  7. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  8. Re-Activation of Windows After a Hardware Change

Re-Activation of Windows After a Hardware Change: Hello, I have a bit of situation and cannot get windows to re-activate after a hardware change. Here is the situation, I purchased a MSI AM4 socket motherboard to upgrade from an AM3 board at the beginning of December which was the original system my product of Windows was...
  9. Re-activation after hardware change

Re-activation after hardware change: I recently changed motherboards, and when I booted up my computer, windows was deactivated. I am signed in to the same account I was before, and didn't change editions of windows. I have tried using the built-in troubleshooter, even choosing the "I changed hardware recently"...
  10. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade: Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched. Activation error code is 0xC004C003....