Windows 10: Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David Baker Effendi, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page I'm greeted with error code 0x80072EE2.

Solutions tried:

• I've read the FAQs and tried to use Settings>Activation>Troubleshoot>"I recently changed hardware on this device". I select my PC and say "I'm using this device at the moment" but I'm met with "Unable to activate Windows".
    • I still have my license key so I attempted to "Change Product Key" and I was met with another error. (0x803FA067)

I am still logged into my Microsoft account on this PC. Is there anything else besides doing a re-installation of Windows to fix my issue?

:)

David Baker Effendi, Jul 21, 2019

2. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Jul 21, 2019
  3. red454 Win User
    Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Kolby65 Win User

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

1. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Cannot activate hardware

2. Re-Activation failing on Windows 11 Pro after upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activation failing on Windows 11 Pro after upgrading hardware: I upgraded the hardware in my machine over the weekend then tried to re-activate Windows 11 Pro. It is was a digital license from years ago. It failed, the troubleshooting failed and then I selected "I changed the hardware...", selected the machine from the list of options-...
  3. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working: I build my computer over a decade ago. I had upgraded from XP to 7 pro, to 8 pro, to 10 pro. The issue I have is that I had a working computer last week. I decided to upgrade my 6-year-old computer to a new motherboard/CPU/Memory because it was time.Saturday I bought a new...
  4. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working: I build my computer over a decade ago. I had upgraded from XP to 7 pro, to 8 pro, to 10 pro. The issue I have is that I had a working computer last week. I decided to upgrade my 6-year-old computer to a new motherboard/CPU/Memory because it was time.Saturday I bought a new...
  5. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Trouble re-activating Windows 10 Home after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble re-activating Windows 10 Home after hardware upgrade: I recently swapped out the motherboard and boot drive on my PC and need to re-activate my Windows 10 Home license. Naturally, the first thing I tried was my product key. I left my Windows 10 packaging at my parents' house though, so before I upgraded I used ProduKey to find...
  7. Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade

Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to W10 way back when the free upgrade was being offered. I recently got a new PC but kept my existing SSD with W10 on. It's suddenly decided my copy of W10 isn't activated/genuine. I've read through all the guides and done all the recommended troubleshooting...
  8. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 many years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered, which granted me a digital license. Recently, I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. But, before I did this I linked my upgraded Windows 10 to my Microsoft account so that after...
  9. How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?

How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?: Hi, I have a (legit) copy of Windows 10 and I've just upgraded my PC's motherboard and GPU. Windows is telling me that I need to activate again my license. When I choose the "I've recently upgrade my hardware" option, I'm redirected to the Windows store to buy a new copy of...
  10. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade: Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched. Activation error code is 0xC004C003....