Windows 10: Cannot re-activate windows after reinstalling from a USB.

Discus and support Cannot re-activate windows after reinstalling from a USB. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've lately been having some issues with windows 10 so I decided to wipe the drive which previously had 1903 and reinstall windows 10 1909 cleanly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KyleBredenkamp, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Cannot re-activate windows after reinstalling from a USB.

Hi, I've lately been having some issues with windows 10 so I decided to wipe the drive which previously had 1903 and reinstall windows 10 1909 cleanly from a USB drive made with the media creation tool. After getting back into windows and signing in with my Microsoft account the same one I activate my computer with usually, it wouldn't let me activate. I had windows 10 pro on here working and activated just an hour ago and now it won't reactivate again. This is quite annoying please help I've tried the troubleshoot option and reinstalling windows again, and neither worked

:)

KyleBredenkamp, Mar 24, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 24, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Cannot re-activate windows after reinstalling from a USB.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot re-activate windows after reinstalling from a USB.

1. Cannot re-activate windows after reinstalling from a USB. - Similar Threads - Cannot activate reinstalling

2. Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my self-built system. I was reusing an OEM Key from an old laptop for this system, but after I replaced the board I figured it was a great time to purchase a new license. And so I did, I purchased a license from the Microsoft Store...
  3. Cannot re-activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot re-activate windows: I just bought a new licence, as you can see from the image below showing the date "November 12, 2022"I reinstalled my computer using the same option to install windows 10 PRO and I'm stuck with this error I noticed that it says "Windows Professional" on screenshot above and...
  4. Cannot re-activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot re-activate windows: I just bought a new licence, as you can see from the image below showing the date "November 12, 2022"I reinstalled my computer using the same option to install windows 10 PRO and I'm stuck with this error I noticed that it says "Windows Professional" on screenshot above and...
  5. Cannot re-activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Re-activating Windows after reinstallation

Re-activating Windows after reinstallation: hello, I've reinstalled windows on my laptop, and now it is in 'not activated' windows status. This is kinda old laptop, I've bought ~7 years ago in official retailer shop with pre-installed windows. I can see my device on account page, but can't access the old windows key to...
  7. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade: Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page I'm greeted with error code 0x80072EE2. Solutions tried: I've read the FAQs and tried to use...
  8. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro): Hi, My mum gave me her Laptop which she had from new. She had upgraded free to windows 10 from 8.1. when I got the laptop I re-installed windows 10 (PRO) and have never been able to activate. I believe she'd had Home version. I do not have a product key but when she gave it...
  9. OEM re-reinstallation not activating

OEM re-reinstallation not activating: I had my OEM Windows 7 (upgraded to 10 Home) installation on my HDD and I was preparing to transfer it to my new SSD. I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool (I think the selected edition was Windows 10). Burned it to USB, installed it, worked perfectly, activated...
  10. Cannot reinstall Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot reinstall Windows from USB: Hi So lately I've been trying to re-install Windows 10 home from a USB which has installation media on it for Windows 10 from the windows media creation tool. But whenever I am prompted to select a drive (Like a bit after you run setup.exe), there are none or there is one...