Windows 10: Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware.

Discus and support Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am having a problem with Windows 10, I can't pin/unpin tiles from Start Menu. I can't even drag and re-arrange them. This started happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by arleitiss, Mar 25, 2016.

1. arleitiss Win User

Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware.

Hey guys, I am having a problem with Windows 10, I can't pin/unpin tiles from Start Menu. I can't even drag and re-arrange them. This started happening after I installed massive malware source on my PC and it installed yessearch all over the system. It deleted Firefox and Chrome icons from Start Menu but the rest remained but cannot manage them. I've got rid of all malware but problem with start menu persists.

Windows is Win 10 Pro.

:)

arleitiss, Mar 25, 2016

2. Start menu Tiles problem Unable to move , No option for pin, unpin ,uninstall after using Windows for some hours

Dear, Sir Recently I have installed Windows 10 in my pc .Everything was working fine but after some hours I noticed some problems in my pc. They are :

1.Unable to Pin Items to Windows Start menu

2.Unable to unpin Start menu tiles

3.Unable to resize Tiles

4.Unable to Unpin Start menu tiles

5.Uninstall Option not present

6.Unable to move Tiles

The option of unpinning, pining, resizing, uninstalling are gone away after using Windows for some hours..............Plz plz Help me ..Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware. :)

Ritik Chauhan, Mar 25, 2016
  3. pin,unpin option missing in apps and on tiles

Hii.,. Iam using. Windows 10 after the upgrade of win.8

I have noticed that in start menu I can't resize any tile plus unable to pin, unpin

Any tile it seems to be freeze . Plzz help me how to fix this ..

PiyushChoudhary12345, Mar 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try this sequence:
    a. Try switching to start menu full screen and back again.
    (Settings, search for start full screen)
    See if any problem is resolved.

b. Create a new user and see if any problem is resolved.
    If it is, then part of your user profile is probably corrupt and will not be fixed by the further standard repairs.

At this point you need to decide what's best to do as regards your user profile.

c. Press Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)
    Type
    sfc /scannow

If the result is clear (and some say you may need to reboot and repeat this a couple of times to achieve this) then check to see if your symptoms have changed.

Note: if you use Nvidia graphics you can ignore a report about opencl.dll).

If the result of sfc /scannow is clear and there is no improvement there is one more repair stage I can suggest.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2016
  5. arleitiss Win User
    Managed to get it fixed.
    Fullscreen didn't work by the way, I should've mentioned that in my post, sorry.

I am not sure what helped.
    In case someone comes across this problem in future and finds this post:

Here is what I tried/did:

1) I ran sfc /scannow but it didn't help at first.
    2) I set my user account to Administrator ( Win + R -> netplwiz -> [Your User] -> Properties -> Group Membership -> Other: Administrators -> Apply )
    3) Save and Close all dialogs, it will prompt you to logout (Click yes)
    4) After you get logged out and login back - it worked.

arleitiss, Mar 25, 2016
  6. Alcivez Win User
    Pal, I'm having the exact same issue that you had, the point is that I'm not sure, by reading at your comentary, wheather or not you solved it by the procedure that you specify up here. Thanks for the information.

Alcivez, May 15, 2016
  7. arleitiss Win User
    Yes I did solve it with the steps I provided.

arleitiss, May 15, 2016
  8. arleitiss Win User

Yes I did solve it with the steps I provided.

arleitiss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot re-arrange/resize/pin/unpin start menu tiles after malware. - Similar Threads - Cannot arrange resize

2. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  3. Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot: I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-in-windows-10-start-menu-repeatedly-messed/76f4a919-0b70-4f75-a71a-a79bca0e3763 When...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  5. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  6. Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning

Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning: I am using Windows 10 home version. Recently I did the big upgrade. Afterward I unpinned all of the default tiles- Calender, Live Mail, My Office, Microsoft Store, and lots of "A great app is on its way" tiles, etc.- and replaced them with tiles from the start menu from...
  7. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.: Windows 10 Start Menu is Locked. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu. I have also tried this command in Powershell - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But my...
  8. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  9. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  10. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to resize tiles in start menu

2. cannot resize start after unpinning apps

3. cant resize start tiles or unpin