Windows 10: Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]High Dynamic Range (HDR) video technology is the next great leap forward to reproducing what the naked eye sees in colors and contrast between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade

WinClub, Jun 14, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Jun 14, 2020
  3. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

Hi Mohammed AlJasim,

We determined the issue and found out that your computer specs and graphics card are highly capable of enabling HDR and running a 4K video.

Since you've already tested this on Sony TV and its perfectly working fine, we suggest that you
    contact your other TV manufacturer’s support team (which is
    BenQ) directly for confirmation if this TV is really capable for
    streaming HDR videos in Netflix or not.

To know how to contact them, you can visit this link:
    BenQ Support.

Netflix has a feature to auto-detect the capability monitors or TVs if they can stream HDR videos or not.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade

HDR won't enable!

Hi,

Whenever you play high dynamic range (HDR) videos in
    Windows 10
    , your external HDR monitor or TV must be connected to a Windows 10 PC that has a supported graphics card with the supported drivers installed. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you're getting any error messages when trying to
    enable HDR.

In the meantime, you may check on this
    link
    for more information about streaming HDR video on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Cannot enable Stream

2. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  3. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  4. How to get HDR video streaming to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get HDR video streaming to work?: I'm trying to enable HDR video streaming, the setting page says that it is supported, and the display meets the requirements listed in the support page, but when i try to enable it, the preview doesn't change, and if i change any other setting, like the SDR brightness, the...
  5. How to get HDR video streaming to work?

How to get HDR video streaming to work?: I'm trying to enable HDR video streaming, the setting page says that it is supported, and the display meets the requirements listed in the support page, but when i try to enable it, the preview doesn't change, and if i change any other setting, like the SDR brightness, the...
  6. Does fps decrease in gaming if I enable "Stream HDR Video"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does fps decrease in gaming if I enable "Stream HDR Video"?: Can anyone answer this? It is turned on by default on my PC and what are the benefits of this settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-fps-decrease-in-gaming-if-i-enable-stream-hdr/3f5545d4-2464-41ab-b4ec-028ccfe3c52a
  7. Does fps decrease in gaming if I enable "Stream HDR Video"?

Does fps decrease in gaming if I enable "Stream HDR Video"?: Can anyone answer this? It is turned on by default on my PC and what are the benefits of this settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-fps-decrease-in-gaming-if-i-enable-stream-hdr/3f5545d4-2464-41ab-b4ec-028ccfe3c52a
  8. HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?: I've tried a few things now. Never used to play with it, but until recently I was able to turn it on. The button simply resets itself directly. My screen is capable and this is also displayed. Also I am up to date. Restarting the PC did not work either. Unfortunately...
  9. "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes": I have a Philips HDR monitor. When I go to "Windows HD Color settings" for that display, I see the following: [ATTACH] What exactly does that mean? What's the issue with HDR video? How can a display support HDR games and apps, but not HDR video? The display does support...
  10. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stream hdr video greyed out