Windows 10: Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied)

Discus and support Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For a while I have had the windows update service disabled, as it sometimes caused issues with programs (and it was just annoying). However I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GenericUser404, May 4, 2019.

1. Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied)

For a while I have had the windows update service disabled, as it sometimes caused issues with programs (and it was just annoying). However I have been using some Microsoft store apps and I need windows update to be enabled to download them.

I have tried Running the windows update troubleshooter, however it doesn't detect any issues

Opening services and manually enabling the service doesn't work either - When I attempt to enable the service an "Access is denied" message is shown. Is there a way to get around this?

I used a program to disable the updates, however resetting it doesn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

:)

GenericUser404, May 4, 2019

2. Access is denied when enabling window update services

I want to download a new app from my window store.

But it doesn't install so I searched and I found that this problem gonna be fine if I enable window update services.

But while I enable this services it's not ok.

Always while I pressing apply button, it always say 'Access is denied'.

I run this services as administrator.

Pls help me guys.

Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied) 88e023d0-0168-4590-8d64-2440fb7bb35a?upload=true.png

Aung Zayar Oo, May 4, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 4, 2019
  4. Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied)

Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied) [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied)

1. Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied) - Similar Threads - Cannot enable Update

2. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied: I noticed that I haven't had Windows updates in a bit and I went to check. Under Windows Update on the Setting Panel nothing populates stating "Something went wrong. Try to open Settings later." When I checked under services I found both Windows sys. had been disabled, and...
  3. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied: I noticed that I haven't had Windows updates in a bit and I went to check. Under Windows Update on the Setting Panel nothing populates stating "Something went wrong. Try to open Settings later." When I checked under services I found both Windows sys. had been disabled, and...
  4. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Start windows defender service: Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Start windows defender service: Access Denied: Hello. So basically, i've had the idea to tweak my computer to disable the stuff that I do not use like windows update, microsoft store, etc, So I decided to download a tool to help me do that. Right after I executed it, Windows Defender started to become crazy and some of...
  6. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update service access denied: Hello there I am trying to get some updates for my PC but I can't because windows update service is turned off and when I try to turn it back on I get access denied massage. I am the admin on the PC .I don't have any other users on it.I tried the change data value in key...
  7. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update service access denied: Hello there I am trying to get some updates for my PC but I can't because windows update service is turned off and when I try to turn it back on I get access denied massage. I am the admin on the PC .I don't have any other users on it.I tried the change data value in key...
  8. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Access is denied when enabling window update services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access is denied when enabling window update services: I want to download a new app from my window store. But it doesn't install so I searched and I found that this problem gonna be fine if I enable window update services. But while I enable this services it's not ok. Always while I pressing apply button, it always say 'Access...
  10. Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update: Days before the "get it free" period was over, I upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. At the time, I followed some instructions to defer updates to avoid headaches. Today, while trying to fix an issue caused Win 10 (my HP printer won't scan or fax), a thread suggested making sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable windows update service

2. windows update access denied

3. windows update medic services access denied

4. windows update service access denied,
  5. cannot start services windows update access denied,
  6. cannot enable windows update service,
  7. windows update medic service stopped,
  8. cannot change any services startup type windows 10 because access is denied,
  9. windows update medic service access is denied,
  10. WaaSMedicService,
  11. windows update service unable to start acess denied,
  12. cannot enable windows update in services,
  13. windows phone service access is denied,
  14. windows update services access denied,
  15. enable windows update permission denied