Windows 10: Cannot re-install Windows 10 with dvd rescue media or usb

Discus and support Cannot re-install Windows 10 with dvd rescue media or usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some unkown reason my Hp Pavillion PC would not load windows and saw attempting repairs routine and took me to recovery options but there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by treblefree, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Cannot re-install Windows 10 with dvd rescue media or usb

For some unkown reason my Hp Pavillion PC would not load windows and saw attempting repairs routine and took me to recovery options but there was no option to use dvd rescue media nor usb so i went into bios and changed to cd/dvd boot option...but when i restarted pc...attempting repairs routine started again...basically going into a loop..

Looked at some solutions but my 'looping' issue i have not seen answers to.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Pavillion which had Windows 10 Pro

:)

treblefree, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 31, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Cannot re-install Windows 10 with dvd rescue media or usb

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Cannot re-install Windows 10 with dvd rescue media or usb

1. Cannot re-install Windows 10 with dvd rescue media or usb - Similar Threads - Cannot install dvd

2. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  3. Rescue USB

Rescue USB: Windows 10 home 2004. If I make a Macrium Rescue USB, does it have to be the only thing on that USB drive? Or can I put additional Macrium backups on it too? Thanks, cb 168966
  4. Unbootable Rescue media -- a VM to the rescue

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unbootable Rescue media -- a VM to the rescue: Hi folks I needed to restore a "broken" Windows SSD - normally I use Macrium bootable rescue media - but I'd lost my set of 3 USB drives I had the rescue media on. !!!!! However I had a Windows Virtual machine on a Linux system from an external SSD. So attaching the...
  5. USB 3.0 Support In Macrium Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Support In Macrium Rescue Media: I have an external USB 3.0 enclosure that I'd like to start using for some of my Macrium Backups. Macrium is able to access it when its run from within Windows10 but when I use the Macrium Boot Menu, a USB Rescue Drive, and also a bootable Macrium partition the USB 3.0...
  6. Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect

Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect: I have not been able to carry out the first task with Macrium Reflect Free. After clicking Build it appears to be working for a while but every time it gets stuck while trying to create the WiFi function. After running continuously for a while Windows closes down, and nothing...
  7. Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect: I have not been able to carry out the first task with Macrium Reflect Free. After clicking Build it appears to be working for a while but every time it gets stuck while trying to create the WiFi function. After running continuously for a while Windows closes down, and nothing...
  8. Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image

Question re MR7 Rescue Media and System Image: Can the windows 10 Rescue Media created by Macrium be on the same USB thumb drive as the system image. I've got them on two separate usb's. The rescue media is on a usb formatted fat32. The full system image is on a usb formatted ntfs. My question is can both items be on the...
  9. Reflect Rescue Media USB Not Booting

Reflect Rescue Media USB Not Booting: Made Reflect (free) USB rescue Media as per the instructions. Process finished successfully. USB plugged into a USB slot on the back of the machine. My computer MoBo Asus M4A88T-M (purchased 2011), non UEFI. BIOS set to "removable media" 1st choice boot and HDD 2nd choice....
  10. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...