Windows 10: Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer

Discus and support Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Win-10 boxes, all up-to-date. A specific web site for my employer is not reachable from one box, but is from the other. This is true for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnonymousTXUSA, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer

I have 2 Win-10 boxes, all up-to-date.

A specific web site for my employer is not reachable from one box, but is from the other. This is true for all 3 browsers (Edge, IE, Firefox). It gives the time-out notice that the web site has not responded. The problem box, however, is able to reach ALL other web sites tried. It is JUST this one URL that it cannot reach, and JUST on that one computer.

Both boxes are connected to the same router, LAN (not wifi). DHCP is the method to identify each computer on my home LAN. Other non-Microsoft computers (Ubuntu 16.04) on the same network, are able to reach the URL in question with no problem.

I tried the obvious things (turn off tracking protection, flush the DNS, be sure there's no entries in ../etc/hosts, route -f reset, and so on.) Windows Firewall has the browser set to allow access. I also tried removing/disabling plug-ins. No avail.

There is SOMETHING different about this one computer, and something different about this one URL, that I can't track down. The help desk for the host of the web site says they are able to reach the URL with no problem, so they say it's not their responsibility.

Is there perhaps some difference in the TLS protocol, some undetected setting in the Network access software?

Yes I could log in from the one box that reaches the URL okay, but for security reasons I like to separate the purposes of each computer and only enter credentials on one of them.

:)

AnonymousTXUSA, Nov 29, 2019

2. Downloading a specific web account.

im having problems with down loading a specific web account support id 4964160970695670491.

***Off-topic message was split from the original thread by the moderator. Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

samfonteno, Nov 29, 2019
  3. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer

How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer

1. Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer - Similar Threads - Cannot reach specific

2. Cannot connect to one specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to one specific wifi network: I am aware there are multiple threads with this same issue, I have already read through all of them and none of the fixes listed under those threads have solved my issueI was working on my computer last night when I was randomly disconnected from the internet and could not...
  3. access denied to specific site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    access denied to specific site: I finally succeeded in setting up an account at irs.gov and now then I put my user name in it says access denied and has a big long code following the the denial. Why is this happening?...
  4. RDP Blocked for Specific Site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Blocked for Specific Site: I am trying to figure out why a specific IP site is getting rejected. I have the port 5631 open for RDP sessions. Multiple locations have no issues connecting. When one office tries to connect they are not allowed thorugh the firewall. However they have been and there has not...
  5. specific web site ICONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    specific web site ICONS: Just bought HP laptop for wife I can get icons up but all are in google logo icon How do I get a web's site icon onto my home page ? I've done the drag and drop from address bar with full address been into change icons in system but all mare your selections...
  6. specific web site ICONS

specific web site ICONS: Just bought a HP laptop for wife I use an iMac and all web sites come up automatically I can get icons up but all are in the google logo icon. How do I get a web site's logo onto my home page ? I've done the drag and drop from address bar with full address. been into...
  7. "This site can’t be reached" Message coming up for one specific website

"This site can’t be reached" Message coming up for one specific website: Thank you all in advance for your help. I am trying to log into a website that i need for work, and when i do so i get this message: This site can’t be reached www.brokerbriefcase.com’s server IP address could not be found. Try running Windows Network Diagnostics....
  8. Cannot log on to a specific web site

Cannot log on to a specific web site: Hi: I use edge and I cannot log on to my account at Vanguard Financial. If I use Internet Explorer then it works just fine. This is what happens. I go to the Vanguard web site and their start page comes up. I enter my user and password information and the phone rings...
  9. Popups allowed for specific sites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Popups allowed for specific sites: How do I allow popups for specific sites in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups-allowed-for-specific-sites/138da6f4-5d65-4ea6-8171-182c4efeae9c
  10. Slow Internet on one specific computer

Slow Internet on one specific computer: I have recently noticed wireless network problems with one of my computer; I'm getting something like 4-6 Mbps of download speed according to Speedtest.net, when I should be getting at least 5x that. I have two other computers connected to the network, and they both get 30-40...