Windows 10: cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro on computer I purchased from HP refurbished with Windows...

Discus and support cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro on computer I purchased from HP refurbished with Windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a refurbished HP desktop computer with Windows 10 Pro loaded on it. Initially, no problem. Activation key worked. Then something happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LaurenRichardson1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro on computer I purchased from HP refurbished with Windows...

I purchased a refurbished HP desktop computer with Windows 10 Pro loaded on it. Initially, no problem. Activation key worked. Then something happened and it says Windows is not activated, and it will not accept my activation key.

:)

LaurenRichardson1, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 29, 2019
  4. dlma Win User

cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro on computer I purchased from HP refurbished with Windows...

Recovery of Windows 10 with Refurbisher License key

I have an HP computer with Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit with a Refurbisher license key.

It took over 3 hours to configure the computer.

I have an image backup of the computer and want to restore it onto a newer and faster Dell computer.

According to Microsoft support, I have to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure the apps on the Dell because the license key on the HP was a Refurbisher licence key. I can't use the Windows 10 Pro license that came with the Dell, or purchase another Win
    10 Pro license key.

How do other companies deal with disaster recovery or hardware upgrades with Windows 10?

Thema:

cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro on computer I purchased from HP refurbished with Windows...

1. cannot reactivate Windows 10 Pro on computer I purchased from HP refurbished with Windows... - Similar Threads - cannot reactivate Pro

2. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  4. I bought a refurbished computer and I can't to activate windows ten. It is a HP pro

I bought a refurbished computer and I can't to activate windows ten. It is a HP pro: I bought a refurbished computer and I can't get it to activate windows ten. It is an HP pro. It wants me to buy a $199 license or have product key. All I do on a computer is buy and sell on ebay. No license required and they did not send me a product key. can anybody help...
  5. Loading windows 10 pro on a refurbished computer that came with no OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading windows 10 pro on a refurbished computer that came with no OS: I bought this computer from refurbish company and didn't come with a windows 10 is there another way to load other than purchaseing one like down load from Microsoft on to a usb on my computer then loading it into my dell computer laptop * Moved from IE10/other *...
  6. Windows 10 Pro for refurbished PC

Windows 10 Pro for refurbished PC: Hello. I recently purchased a refurbished laptop, that came with Windows 10 Pro, but would not boot completely into the operating system. Since it would not boot completely, I could not navigate to the restore or fresh start options, to restore the operating system to...
  7. I can not activate Windows 10 on refurbished computer purchased from Microcenter.

I can not activate Windows 10 on refurbished computer purchased from Microcenter.: [IMG] This is the picture of the label on my computer. I can not activate Windows 10. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-activate-windows-10-on-refurbished/a1fe0792-71e8-4db5-a53f-eb4deeb52c8b"
  8. Refurbished computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refurbished computer with windows 10: I recently purchased a computer through walmart.com. I came with Windows 10. I had to call your company to get it activated. Now, when I try to download anything it asks for a password before I can open the files. I never made a password and my Microsoft password doesn't...
  9. Reactivation of Windows 10 Pro (Store Purchase)

Reactivation of Windows 10 Pro (Store Purchase): I have a Dell XPS 13 (2018) that came with Windows Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Store, and I had it activated correctly - everything went smooth. When the November 2018 Windows Activation issue (global incident) happened, I lost my activation status - I've been...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Refurbisher Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Refurbisher Install: Hi, I have a laptop that had Windows 8 and i bough refurbished with Windows 10 Pro - COA sticker attached, but not a traditional sticker with 25 Characters. When I reinstall with the system isn't activated and i cant change the product key as there is no 25 character Key. I...