Windows 10: Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change

Discus and support Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ive recently changed out my motherboard and CPU and cannot reactivate my bought Windows 10 key. All the sources I have point toward using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianCAllen, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change

Ive recently changed out my motherboard and CPU and cannot reactivate my bought Windows 10 key.

All the sources I have point toward using the Troubleshoot option in the Activation tab in Settings. When I do that I get an option for "I changed hardware on this device recently", which I what I want. I select the device and hit Activate, but it just spits out an "Unable to activate Windows" message and tells me to try again later.

I even tried calling the support line which is OUT OF SERVICE.

Am I really just supposed to keep trying this later until it works? Or am I being forced to buy Windows again?

I have my key and proof of purchase. Why is this an issue?

:)

BrianCAllen, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 5, 2020
  3. windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

I just changed motherboards, and When I follow the the steps listed in the "reactivate windows 10 after hardware change" support page, it gives me the message "unable to activate windows" message after I sign in and identify my device,
    with no error code, just a subheader that says "can't activate windows 10 on this device, try again later."

Primero Holodon, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Jack_924 Win User

Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate,
    and has the error code 0xC004F025, and when I try to troubleshoot it says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

My Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7.

Jack_924, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change

1. Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Cannot Reactivate Hardware

2. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, I installed a new motherboard and processor, my old ones don't work anymore due to a severe power outage. I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine no matter what I do.I have the receipt with the windows code, typed it in that doesn't work either.When I click...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, I installed a new motherboard and processor, my old ones don't work anymore due to a severe power outage. I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine no matter what I do.I have the receipt with the windows code, typed it in that doesn't work either.When I click...
  4. Cannot reactivate windows after some hardware change

Cannot reactivate windows after some hardware change: HelloI need to change my motherboard and CPU for upgrades. After that my windows 10 suddenly showing activate windows watermark at lower right of my screen. I tried to use my product key but it won't work. It gives me an error saying. Unable to activate Windows. We can't...
  5. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: Hello,Today I had to change my motherboard and CPU, and immediately after that my Windows 10 began showing the "Activate Windows" message in the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried using my license code, but it did not work.I went to Troubleshoot > I recently changed...
  6. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: Hello,Today I had to change my motherboard and CPU, and immediately after that my Windows 10 began showing the "Activate Windows" message in the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried using my license code, but it did not work.I went to Troubleshoot > I recently changed...
  7. Cannot reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate windows after a hardware change: Hi there I recently did a rebuild of my PC and now windows is saying it needs to be activated. I am still launching from the same SSD as I was on the previous build and have not reinstalled windows so it should be the same version. When I go to the activation settings...
  8. cannot reactivate license after hardware change

cannot reactivate license after hardware change: Hi, I upgraded hardware on my PC and now my Windows version is no longer seen as active. When trying to reactivate It seems my old license tied to my user, and shows my computer name, but I cannot reactivate. It simply throws an error. How could I go about fixing this?...
  9. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, After making sure I have a retail key for Windows on this computer and linking it to my Microsoft account I went and swapped out my motherboard/cpu/ram yesterday. Now Windows is bugging me to activate it, I went through the troubleshooter, clicked "I changed my...
  10. Cannot reactivate after changing hardware

Cannot reactivate after changing hardware: I have Win10 attached to my live account. I swapped out my motherboard and cpu. I attempt to reactive via settings - update&security - troubleshoot - recently changed hardware. I select this device in its previous incarnation. I am given the error message attached....