Windows 10: Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.

Discus and support Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a program which has a small text file in the C:\ProgramData\mfrg\appname folder. The program cannot read the file unless I select "Run as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RNAndrewws45, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.

I have a program which has a small text file in the C:\ProgramData\mfrg\appname folder. The program cannot read the file unless I select "Run as administrator" even though the account has administrator privileges.. I get an error that says the file cannot be located.

How can I get the program to be able to read the file? The program does not have to write to the file, just read it.

Ray A.

:)

RNAndrewws45, Aug 3, 2015

2. Command Prompt opens/closes randomly

On rare occasions it will stop for a few seconds. I was able to copy this:

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml

The system cannot find the path specified.

Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\+

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\packard bell\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\gateway\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\founder\updater2\updater2.xml

RonaldBedsole, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Command Prompt opens/closes randomly

On rare occasions it will stop for a few seconds. I was able to copy this:

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\packard bell\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\gateway\updater2\updater2.xml

FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\founder\updater2\updater2.xml

RonaldBedsole, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.

1. Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder. - Similar Threads - Cannot read file

2. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/
  3. is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?: Noticed this folder pop up and I'm not sure what its from the only thing I could think is of its from the last windows update since I think it was created on the same day. submitted by /u/nalaiio [link] [comments]...
  4. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  5. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...
  6. C:\ProgramData\st05.js

C:\ProgramData\st05.js: So I'm having this issue where every time I try to do anything on this computer a Windows Script Host window comes up with an error. The error is as follows: Windows Script Host Script: C:\ProgramData\st05.js Line: 1 Char: 10 Error: Invalid character Code: 800A03F6...
  7. Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData

Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData: I am unable to change permissions on the Folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDA Corporation to allow Modify and/or Full control in order to let NVIDIA Control Panel settings to be saved! This is in Windows 10 Professional. I have run File Explorer as administrator! I require some...
  8. chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...: Hi, On my brandnew Win 10 Laptop, i had in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{...}\*.sys\Application a chrome.exe file and an folder named with the current version of chrome (68.0.3440....). This chrome was also usable for surfing and...
  9. ProgramData folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ProgramData folder in Windows 10: I am moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a program Jewelry Designer Manager that I use. I have moved the program to Windows 10 and it works fine. However, I also use the data from it with Access. Since Windows 10 has decided to hide the ProgramData folder...
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot read a file in c

2. fehlermeldung findstr: cannot open c:\programdatapackard bell\updater2\updater2.xml

3. program can not read folder

4. Cannot access file C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility\FUB\ ,
  5. program cannot read a file in the programdata folder