Windows 10: cannot read my desktop label text

Discus and support cannot read my desktop label text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to i change my desktop label text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesAllan1, Jul 1, 2020.

1. cannot read my desktop label text

How to i change my desktop label text

:)

JamesAllan1, Jul 1, 2020
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Jul 1, 2020
  3. cant read text in hebrew

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue? If yes, please reply to the below questions:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed?
    • Are you using any other language packs on this computer?

I suggest you to un-install any other language packs if installed. and then try to read the text in Hebrew and see if you can read it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

cannot read my desktop label text

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Try3, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

cannot read my desktop label text

1. cannot read my desktop label text - Similar Threads - cannot read desktop

2. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  3. Cannot Print Label

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Print Label: Dear All,Anyone ever facing the same issue with me, cannot printing label intermec Px4i 300 dpi after installed Windows 10 ver 19034.1348? queue status show "printing - restating". previously work fine when using windows 10 17134.2208. Note : - Printer using direct connection...
  4. Cannot Print Label

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Print Label: Dear All,Anyone ever facing the same issue with me, cannot printing label intermec Px4i 300 dpi after installed Windows 10 ver 19034.1348? queue status show "printing - restating". previously work fine when using windows 10 17134.2208. Note : - Printer using direct connection...
  5. Cannot Print Label

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't read text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't read text: Text is all bold, blurry, and disorientated. This has happened multiple times in multiple places over the past few weeks - at times it is on the internet, at other times it is in our Sharepoint files. What would make this happen?[ATTACH]...
  7. Most System Text and Labels "Disappear"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most System Text and Labels "Disappear": [ATTACH] This issue happens occasionally, and a reboot usually fixed this. However, currently I have a process running that can't be interuppted, else the progress will be lost. Is there a way to "refresh" the system without a reboot? Win+Ctrl+Shift+B and restarting...
  8. Desktop Icon labels

Desktop Icon labels: Desktop Icon labels are shadowed, hard to read. How do I change the font for the icons? I'd prefer a simple Ariel font. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-labels/9c4c706c-65db-4310-834e-ca9ae656f2b4
  9. Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.: Running Windows 10 home and desktop icon text descriptions are not using "shadow" font so white text is invisible on white backgroud. Messed with a variety of display settings and started working but now has stopped again back to same problem. Any suggestions?...
  10. Win 10 missing text labels.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 missing text labels.: Whats up with the missing text labels? Sometimes its my start menu sometimes its the right click menu. [img] 40689