Windows 10: Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

Discus and support Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DVD media player not working properly distorted pictere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crickett222, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

DVD media player not working properly distorted pictere

:)

crickett222, Feb 23, 2021

2. Need to read the file modification/creation date & time of UDF file system

I have some DVDs with loads of pictures and I want to be able to get a list of file names, dates & times using C or C++ API calls.

Apparently the DVD is written using the UDF file system and even the Win 10 File Explorer does not show the date & time.

1) why does Win 10 not display the UDF times

2) what library or API calls will allow me to read that information

Running the latest Win 10 update & trying to use MSVC 2019

miniTester, Feb 23, 2021
  3. BobGlik Win User
    unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop ?

Other CD/DVD formats OK

UDF CD properties shows 200+ MB data on disc but will not open any folder or file on disc.

I guess I need a reader of some type. Can you please suggest some basic simple alternatives to try ?

thanks

BobGlik, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

cant use a udf dvd

Hello i have a windows 10 laptop and recently i have been trying to run dvds on it. when i put the dvd in it comes up as the dvd being a udf file which i cant do anything with as my laptop has nothing to read the files, when i open the udf file two folders
    come up AUDIO_TS which is empty and VIDEO_TS which has some files in it non of which are a udf file. i have looked around for information but i haven't found anything that helps. if you know how to fix this please tell me.

chris Jjennings, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

1. Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd - Similar Threads - Cannot read UDF

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD: I have a UDF DVD with four subdirectories on it. When I do a check properties at the root it doesn't reflect the contents of the subdirectories. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/properties-not-correct-for-udf-dvd/7e6d3342-761d-43d9-b2b7-ef057866891e
  6. Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD: I have a UDF DVD with four subdirectories on it. When I do a check properties at the root it doesn't reflect the contents of the subdirectories. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/properties-not-correct-for-udf-dvd/7e6d3342-761d-43d9-b2b7-ef057866891e
  7. Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win 10 still not reading dvd

Win 10 still not reading dvd: What five years now from 2016 when this appeared? When Win 10 was updated, the read config of dvds was migrated. The burn on mine works fine so it's,as with the others, not my device, it's the wrong driver. Mine happens to be an ASUS DRW 24F1S. The hackneyed tips, of...
  9. File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system

File Explorer is not reading CD/DVD: files/content invisible UDF file system: The File Explorer on my computer is not reading the files on my DVD/CD-ROM. The DVD/CD-ROM drive is working fine. Other CDs work ok. This CD, there are no files listed, shows "0 items". Right click on properties show file system is UDF and about 28MB used space. Right...
  10. Win 10, not reading DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10, not reading DVD: My DVD driver is not reading that a DVD is present. Windows Media Player says the drive is empty when it has a DVD inside. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (E) but nothing has changed. I'd like to watch movies again. Any suggestions? 18550