Windows 10: cannot read usb

Discus and support cannot read usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; says need updated driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-usb/cc25eeee-557f-42aa-9c78-ac46cc6a2755 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by donprice2, Feb 1, 2019.

1. donprice2 Win User

cannot read usb

says need updated driver

:)

donprice2, Feb 1, 2019

2. USB is not being read

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the system is able to detect other USB devices.

I suggest you to update the USB drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 1, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Feb 1, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

cannot read usb

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

cannot read usb

1. cannot read usb - Similar Threads - cannot read usb

2. cannot read cd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot read cd: cd dvd drive recognised cant read audiobook in content file manager am partially sighted have a large audiobook collection on mp3 cdsto transfer to my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-cd/286a48ae-a8ac-4a73-80f9-38bc5e6f7427
  3. cannot read cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot read cd: cd dvd drive recognised cant read audiobook in content file manager am partially sighted have a large audiobook collection on mp3 cdsto transfer to my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-cd/286a48ae-a8ac-4a73-80f9-38bc5e6f7427
  4. usb read

usb read: why my window connote read my usb external hard disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-read/71d95479-8e61-4c1f-928f-c4fa4e1f8d21
  5. usb read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb read: why my window connote read my usb external hard disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-read/71d95479-8e61-4c1f-928f-c4fa4e1f8d21
  6. USB Mass Storage Device cannot be read under win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Device cannot be read under win11: Hi, here I have a card reader and I plugged in to my win11 PCIt shows as "USB Mass Storage Driver" in the windows device managementbut it doesn't show in my PC, or in other words I cannot read my deviceI have tested it on the other win10 PC and it worked well so I believe the...
  7. USB Mass Storage Device cannot be read under win11

USB Mass Storage Device cannot be read under win11: Hi, here I have a card reader and I plugged in to my win11 PCIt shows as "USB Mass Storage Driver" in the windows device managementbut it doesn't show in my PC, or in other words I cannot read my deviceI have tested it on the other win10 PC and it worked well so I believe the...
  8. Cannot read files on unlocked bitlocker usb thumbdrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot read files on unlocked bitlocker usb thumbdrive: Hi, I am trying to adapt to the new security restrictions put together by my company which means that all external devices harddrive or thumbdrives need to be bitlocker encrypted to receive files from my computer. However I am faced with a problem after encrypting on a...
  9. USB Extender Not Reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Extender Not Reading: Hello, I have a 3.0 USB extender with 4 ports. When I plug in my foot pedal to listen to audio and my security key for my software, it doesn't read both. It seems to only read one USB at a time. Is there a setting on my computer that will allow for both USB's to be read at...
  10. Cannot read USB Drive "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot read USB Drive "The Parameter is Incorrect": Please help! I am using am iMac with Bootcamp running Win 7. I have just upgraded to Win 10 with no problems. Except I can now not read my 2 x WD USB external drives. I am getting "the parameter is incorrect" error. In disk management it says the drives are active but RAW....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb cannot be read